“Does Fire St Need another great review?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fore Street

Fore Street
Ranked #15 of 141 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Street full of fun stores and art!
Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Does Fire St Need another great review?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I fell like i go to school every time i get to eat there. I can only imagine how much they train their staff to make the whole experience come out that great time and time again.

Visited August 2013

Springfield, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unique Atmosphere, Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

A friend recommend this. I now know why. First piece of advice: make a reservation months ahead of time, the place is booked. Second, if you don't do that, get there at opening time and put your name in for a table. After about 6PM, you are lucky to get a table for 10PM.

They have an open kitchen with a wood fire- very unique and cool to see that.

It is loud in the whole restaurant, and some of the tables are very close, so it is not exactly romantic.

I had the iron steak, which was a bit grill burnt, but still delicious. The greens that came with it were delicious, as well as the bean salad I had for an appetizer. Everything was delicious as can be expected at this class of restaurant.

Our server was polite and very attentive, making our dining experience pleasant and comfortable.

It is a place that I'd want to eat anytime I am in Portland.

Visited August 2013
Saint James, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Nice all around evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great atmosphere- exposed brick,I think a renovated armory. The kitchen is in the middle of the room, so you can see all the "action". The mussel appetizer was the star- biggest mussels I ever saw, but so sweet and tender. Mushroom casserole main course was excellent- savory and tasty. Hake in pickled beet sauce ok- hake was a little too delicate for the sauce. Coffee was a local brew (Coffee by Design Rebel Blend) and excelllent. Service was friendly and attentive.

Visited July 2013
Portland, Maine
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Dinner out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were seated next to a table where one of the threesome was carrying out loudly about her likes an dislikes. The restaurant is noisy enough without this distraction. I asked her pleasantly to lower her voice, but she only raised. Finally, after our main course, we were moved on request. The waitperson later said this particular woman was known for her rude behavior. I asked why we were seated there to receive no answer.

Visited October 2012
Maine
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Lots of Small Shops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Take a walk up from Commercial Street to Fore Street. You will find many interesting boutique shops to explore. This is an old town and the architecture is wonderful. Take a break from walking and exploring to eat lunch in one of the fine restaurants on Fore Street. You can't go wrong.