We stayed at the Chadwick, the sister inn to the Carleton, for the first two nights of our stay. Tjhey were full for our last night, and Buddy said that he was in the process of purchasing the Carleton. We were expecting great things for our last night, based on the good Chadwick experience, and got them. Both Cathy and Buddy were fantastic hosts. Buddy prepared some super whoopie pies and Cathy made pecan bars for their afternoon treats....both yummy. Cathy went out of her way to make us a dinner reservation at a wonderful restaurant nearby called Caia (sp?). We loved the Carleton and would stay there again if in Portland. The West End location in a beautiful neighborhood was a real plus for us...gave us a great 30 min walk into the Old Port area while walking on their beautiful brick sidewalks. Gorgeous historic homes on the way. Thanks to both Buddy and Cathy for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored 1869 Victorian located in Portland's historic Western Promenade. A short walk to the Portland museum of art, Maine medical, the arts district, the waterfront with shops and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Inn On Carleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Carleton Hotel Portland
- Inn On Carleton Portland, Maine