My wife and I only had one evening and morning with the Inn on Carleton, but in that time, we were treated like family. Leo & Patty, for only being B&B owners for a few weeks, really know how to make you feel at home. Patty's breakfast was delicious! Croissant french toast stuffed with cream cheese, definitely a delicious way to start the day. We also very much appreciated the afternoon/evening cookies for a snack with the wide assortment of teas!
The room was beautiful, and very comfy. You definitely say "wow" when you walk into the room.
My only snippet is that the bed was a little firm for my liking. Normally beds are more in the middle between firm and soft, but this one was quite firm! The bathroom was lovely, but a little tight. Obviously, it's not something that can be changed! Just saying, it was quite tight!
Overall, a very lovely experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored 1869 Victorian located in Portland's historic Western Promenade. A short walk to the Portland museum of art, Maine medical, the arts district, the waterfront with shops and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Inn On Carleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Carleton Hotel Portland
- Inn On Carleton Portland, Maine