“A charming gem”
Review of Inn On Carleton

Inn On Carleton
Ranked #3 of 12 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Just returned from a 5 gals' getaway weekend in Portland. Inn on Carleton was new to us all ..CHARMING decor,FRIENDLY host, and DELICIOUS breakfasts each morning. Husbands will come next time, too. All our needs were met, and most even anticipated.
Beds comfy, and towels and linens divine.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Inn On Carleton

Reviewed June 12, 2011

This beautiful Victorian Inn is located on a quiet street with walking distance to shopping and restaurants. The innkeeper and staff were very friendly and made you feel welcomed. Check-in is until 7:00 but our flight was behind schedule. I called the Inn and they made special arrangements in case of a late arrival. The breakfast was delicious. It started off with warm cinnamon rolls followed by a choice of 2 main courses. We got the vegetable quiche topped with goat cheese, a side of bacon, salad and fruit. What a great choice. We will definitely be back and probably stay more than 1 night.

Room Tip: Room 2 is very cozy with a fireplace.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We chose this B&B because of the #1 rating. It was quite a surprise to us that it has this rating and wonder what the other B&B's must be like. Buddy was not accomodating like everyone seems to report. We barely saw him and he did not ever ask if we needed anything or if he could be of help in directing us to anywhere. He only offered to make a dinner reservation the moment we checked in and we hadn't even seen our room and had no idea of where we would like to eat since we were new to Portland. He then disappeared and the sign said he had retired for the evening. He comes on very strong and pretentious.
The place itself was nice enough and we overall liked the room. The cookies that are bragged about are rather tasteless and the breakfasts are just okay.
His assistant was the best part of our stay. She was very friendly and helpful. She seemed to do all the work.
This reveiw may seem odd after reading the others. However, we had just come from another B&B in Maine and loved everything about it. When we read bad reviews we wonder why most others are so great well now we are wondering why this B&B has all the great reviews.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sherry595
b757ac, Owner at Inn On Carleton, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2011

I was personally devastated to read this review. I take great pride in treating my guest like family and warmly welcoming them into my home. All the other reviews will attest to the high standards and the customer service that my staff and I provide to each of our guests. There is a staff member available to meet any guest needs until late evening, not to mention my cell phone number is published in each guest room in case they need me for whatever reason regardless of the time of day. I even maintain my personal residence at the Inn so that no need goes unmet. The only way that we are able to solve any guest concerns ( Which we are happy to do ) is when they are shared during their stay. We encourage all of our guests to reach out to us during their stay so that any issues or concerns will be met and can be addressed. The Inn Truly is my Pride and Joy and I do my best to share that with my guests.
Buddy

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Elegant accommodations, housed in a beautiful, peaceful neighborhood, yet close to everything. Staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Perfect Experience!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The inn which is owned and run, by Buddy, is a wonderful Victorian gem in the heart of Portland minutes from downtown. Buddy makes everyone feel like they are a "friend" of his right from the start. we had a comfortable grand style king bed and quality amenities in our rooms. The details are wonderful.Snacks and drinks for the guests at all hours and a wonderful breakfast creation( by Buddy) in the AM. A perfect retreat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Buddy, the Inn Keeper, is very friendly, and runs a top if the line B&B. We stayed in room 3, with the Queen bed and private bath, and it was all we could hope for. The Flat Screen TV with a built in DVD player was an added bonus as well!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Buddy and Sonya were gracious hosts - very helpful, outgoing and friendly! My husband especially enjoyed the daily fresh-baked cookies while I enjoyed having my nightly tea prior to retiring. Breakfast was a daily delight (we stayed 3 nights) and the bed so comfortable we slept like babies :)
We will definitely return for another stay.

Room Tip: The website was helpful in describing each room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family