$389
$284
  • Breakfast included
$279
  • Pool
Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
$127
Travelocity
All reviewspastrybreakfast was deliciousgreat hostswest endquiet streetold porteach morningelectric fireplacedvd playertwo nightsnew englandthird floorb and bbed and breakfastwonderful stayrestaurant recommendationswithin walking distance
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I stayed 2 nights at room number 4 which was on third floor in a very quiet secluded area. The room was very comfortable and perfect for a quiet night of sleep.
Breakfast was made to order with great pastries. Afternoon cookies, muffins and brownies were always warm!
Buddy was a great host, even offer to help me on anything I needed, as I am soon moving to town...
The only thing I have to say that could be improved is that wi-fi gets a little slow and non functional at times during peak hours.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I loved the beakfast, sonya wad very sweet!! The place was pacefull and quiet I loved that it had a great energy! The rooms are beautiful...I really recommend this place!! Xx elisa from chile

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I stayed 4 nights with buddy in his B&B. The accommodations were great., The room was neat, clean and very adequate. The breakfast was awesome and Buddy couldn't have been more helpful. The home made afternoon cookies were also great. I would stay here again in a heart beat and would recommend it to anyone looking for a very relaxed environ. There are several great restaurants within several blocks walking distance. I will stay in no other place in Portland, Me.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Everything was top notch The host was very helpful and the food was excellent. Especially the fresh baked cookies! Good location with several great restaurants within a few short blocks.

The inn is beautiful and the room was quite large and well appointed.

Definitely a "go back".

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

On most trips, I find myself anxious to get home and sleep in my own bed again, but not this time. After staying 4 nights here, I almost cried when I had to leave. I've never felt more at home somewhere else, but this Inn did the trick!

The Inn is an amazing three-story historic building from the 1800s, a gem in and of itself. The rooms were classy and comfortable, and the one I stayed in had an electric fireplace and an enormous bathroom with both an old fashioned claw tub and a double-headed shower (which I fell in love with).

The breakfast each day was amazing, which is quite a compliment from a picky eater such as myself who doesn't care much about food. We had everything from homemade french toast, stuffed blueberry pancakes, homemade waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit and a different pastry to start off with every day. In the evenings, the Inn Keeper also had homemade baked goods set out for us to snack on.

What I enjoyed just as much as the Inn though was the Inn Keeper Buddy and his assistant Sonya. They were so friendly and welcoming that my boyfriend and I couldn't wait to see them each day at breakfast. I'd actually come back just to visit the two of them again.

If you're looking for a comfortable bed & breakfast in the Portland area, choose the Inn on Carleton. After staying here, you won't want to go home either!

Room Tip: Visit just before peak season (May)
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple