“Not Your Average Donut!”
Review of The Holy Donut

The Holy Donut
Ranked #2 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great place to stop for coffee! I went in for a cup and the creative donut flavors sold me on getting a donut too. I had the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt and it was heavenly! Light, flavorful, and just delicious! The staff was delightful too!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family and I visited the location on Exchange street. It is hard to describe the unbelievable deliciousness of these little angels. I do not consider myself a real donut sort of gal, I don't crave donuts. However, a Holy donut? Well, I could eat many. Made out of potato flour, they are soft and melt in your mouth. The icing (triple berry, maple, chocolate etc...) is not to sweet, just perfect. Get a half dozen for a better value. My 7 year old twins LOVED the double chocolate (my fave was the triple berry) On our way back to Massachusetts, we stopped in Portland again at the city park to stretch. My husband really wanted to pop over to Exchange street again, and I was thinking "nahh the traffic will be bad downtown, blah blah blah". Well, as divine intervention would have it, what did we happen to drive by? A second location on Park Ave!! Also, the staff is very pleasant. If in Portland, just go.

Visited July 2014

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family & I visited the location on Exchange street. It is hard to describe the unbelievable deliciousness of these little angels. I do not consider myself a real donut sort of gal, I don't crave donuts. However, a Holy donut? Well, I could eat many. They are soft and melt in your mouth. The icing (triple berry, maple, chocolate etc...) is not to sweet, just perfect. On our way back to Massachusetts, we stopped in Portland again at the city park to stretch. My husband really wanted to pop over to Exchange street again, and I was thinking "nahh the traffic will be bad downtown, blah blah blah". Well, as divine intervention would have it, what did we happen to drive by? A second location on Park Ave!! Also, the staff is very pleasant. If in Portland, just go.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

I was taken here by a Portland local and, albeit not a huge doughnut consumer, I managed to get through about five in one sitting. They have a wonderful consistency - not much like your average doughnut at all, and not horribly over-saccharine. The sea salt and chocolate was certainly the standout flavour and warm from the oven. My host told me that Anderson Cooper featured the Holy Donut on his TV show and roundly dismissed it as tasting exactly the same as non-potato doughnuts. This just goes to show that the silver fox is no connoisseur (conversely, a dog I met on a ferry that day managed to eat my last two remaining doughnuts in one second flat, proving his tastes were rather more sophisticated than the news anchor).

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

A must eat in Portland. Delicious!!! A donut like you've never had before! Yum!!!!! Amazing flavors to choose from and very fun! Only thing is inside is pretty small so you might have to get them to go!