“Great getaway, outstanding hotel!”

Portland Harbor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed February 19, 2011

My wife and I were recently able to get away for a night in Portland. We love staying at the Portland Harbor Hotel. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the hotel staff outstanding. Their suites are amazing.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Portland Harbor Hotel

Reviewed February 14, 2011

My husband and I had a great experience this weekend at the Portland Harbor Hotel. The service was excellent, the hotel was in a great location, and the room was quiet and comfortable. The concierge and hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They provided free transportation to and from the train station, as well.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

This reveiw mechanism would not allow me to choose Business AND Leisure as Purpose of Trip which would have been the most correct way for me to label my recent stay at the Portland Harbor Hotel. Stellar location and very helpful staff - most quiet hotel room I have ever stayed in and we all were talking about the comfort of their beds. A colleague caught a head cold in the middle of our meeting and the staff noticed her resting in a chair outside the meeting room and immediately made her as comfortable as possible - even brought her hot broth and hot tea . Loved that we could enter and exit the hotel quietly with their attractive street door to elevator access or you could go up the stairs right to the front desk. We stayed an extra night after our meeting concluded to enjoy dinner and a show and will make plans to go back again soon this time JUST for leisure! We could walk to many shops, restaurants and the auditorium where our show was playing.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Terrific friendly staff. Hotel is located in a perfect location to visit all of what Portland has to offer. I found the hotel clean and comfortable the room was a little on the small side and a little pricy $170 for a Saturday in January. The rate may have been high due to a Martini Ice Bar event, which was included in the rate. The event was just OK.

When traveling I prefer to stay in Boutique non-national branded hotels and this place fits the bill. I suggest you try the PHH.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2011

My husband and I went for a "date night" at the Portland Harbor Hotel Ice Bar 2011 and we would highly recommend the event and the hotel. The event was well planned, well thought out and a lot of fun. The hotel was wonderful, the staff was accommodating and attentive, the room was very nice, and everything was very clean. Everywhere you turned staff was waiting to assist you, including the manager and his wife. The very large crowd never became unruly or unpleasant, a tribute to proper planning and staffing. We'll be going back next year.

Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband and I have been coming to the Portland Harbor Hotel for 4 years now. We love it, and I can't wait to come back. From the comfortable rooms, to the excellent food, it's in the heart of Portland just steps to our favorite restaurants and shops. We will travel from Cape Cod sometimes just for the night to satisfy our cravings for some of the best New England food and people. The Portland Harbor always accommodates us, and we get the best sleep in their high end comfortable rooms. We won't stay anywhere else. We send all of our friends,co-workers,business associates, and family to this hotel.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

The staff at Portland Harbor was very friendly and accommodating from the time we placed our reservation to when we drove away from their on-site valet parking.
Our room was a perfect size for 2. The peek-a-boo- shower was a unique feature I had not seen in a hotel room before. Ruth, our reservation agent, was correct when she suggested it while we were booking our room.
We did not eat in the hotel restaurant because the convenient location allowed us to walk to other local spots and enjoy what Portland had to offer. However, the menu looked great.
We will definitely stay here again.