“a very nice, clean well used long trail.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Back Cove Trail

Back Cove Trail
Ranked #27 of 143 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Portland's most popular and well-known trail offers view of the city skyline.
Auburn, Maine
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“a very nice, clean well used long trail.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We often like to get out and stretch our legs when traveling, and came across this one by accident.

We had heard about it, but didn't get in the area often. The time we found it, we walked half of it, and said we'd go back if we got in the area again, which we did.

A very nice long walk around the bay, with great views of the Portland skyline if you do it at night.

Visited July 2013

Gray, Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice trail to bike on...”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

But I don't like riding ON the Blvd and I hate it when I'm walking the blvd and others are biking on it. I think they should have to share the road and leave the blvd for walkers....

Portland, Maine
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“I know a lot of people like this trail, but I'm not a fan”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

A lot of my coworkers like walking this trail, and I suppose since it's flat, well-marked, and has abundant parking that it's good for local runners - but I find it way too near the highway and busy roads to be enjoyable. If I want a long walk or run with a scenic view in Portland, I'll take the Eastern Promenade any time over Back Cove any time.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank TRichards19
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Noisy by the road”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Nice popular trail but very noisy where the trail runs along the road. It doesn't feel very close to nature when you cannot hear yourself think above the noise of heavy traffic :(

Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Great trail for running or walking”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I am a long time runner, and this trail was very nice for going out on a run each morning. It also connects to a couple other trails in the downtown are of Portland. Generally, plenty of other runners/walkers on the trail, so you won't feel isolated.

1 Thank Wtrav77