“Gelato Fiasco Amore!”

The Gelato Fiasco Old Port
Ranked #4 of 24 Dessert in Portland
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Discover Portland's new dessert menu with 30 flavors of gelato and sorbetto daily from a growing collection of more than 1,000 flavors. Try as many flavors as you wish and squeeze as many as you want into any dish. Full coffee and espresso bar available. Open Noon to 11 p.m. every day.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I, along with some friends, visited the Old Port Gelato Fiasco twice in July, 2013. On both occasions the staff was extremely pleasant, cheerful and very knowledgeable regarding the gelato (process of making, flavors). The gelato is pure heaven in a red spoon! Whether you like chocolate, caramel or fruity flavors, the Gelato Fiasco hits a home run on all fronts! Bellissimo!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stumbled across this by accident, my dad was looking for some ice-cream after dinner and we wandered in here and I was beyond pleasantly surprised!

As a vegan I was expected dessert would be a scoop of raspberry or lemon sorbet but nothing exciting but there were so many flavours to choose from here and the staff were wonderful letting us try a little bit of everything (and also really friendly & lovely people too!) - I really struggled to make up my mind - in the end I settled for a scoop of dark chocolate sorbetto & a scoop of cinnamon & applesauce sorbetto which were both amazing.

They also do a wide selection of drinks my cousin had a drinking chocolate that was so thick and creamy, and my family enjoyed the dairy gelato selection too. Couldn't recommend more!

Can you please open up a store in the UK?

1  Thank Charlotte T
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I couldn't even finish this delicious Gelato ! Caramel salted pretzel was memorable! It gets pretty crowded but well worth the wait. If by chance no one is waiting , the samples they are a plenty !!

1  Thank Mom2morgan10
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great gelato! The service is outstanding, they immediately offer free samples, and are very patient. An amazing variety--something for everyone. There is some outside seating, too. Go and enjoy.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We went here after dinner for dessert at around 9:00. Out of say 30 flavors, only maybe 10 were left with no plan to replenish them. It was good and they were very generous on trying the flavors.