“To die for!!!”

The Gelato Fiasco Old Port
Ranked #4 of 24 Dessert in Portland
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Discover Portland's new dessert menu with 30 flavors of gelato and sorbetto daily from a growing collection of more than 1,000 flavors. Try as many flavors as you wish and squeeze as many as you want into any dish. Full coffee and espresso bar available. Open Noon to 11 p.m. every day.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Run, do not walk to the Gelato Fiasco. I can't say enough good things about this place! It's a veritable smorgasbord of flavors, and I challenge you to limit yourself to even two that you want to combine. The staff there are always friendly, and very patient with endless requests to try a flavor. Do not be fooled by the container size - the portions are very generous! I personally enjoy the coconut and any dark chocolate flavor of the day together!! When I'm in the mood for a fruity choice, the mango can't be beat. Regardless of what you like, you'll find it here.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My friend, daughter and I are regulars here even though we live an hour away. We always visit weekly. We are always cordially greeted coming in and are always satisfied with the food and service here. Their caramel sea salt is my favorite! It's a fun atmosphere and we always make sure to visit when in Portland even if we aren't near the old port. It's THAT good.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I often end up here after dinner in the Old Port. Lots of delicious flavors to choose from, friendly service and very generous sizes. You can sample as many as you'd like and order multiple flavors in a dish. Try the dark chocolate and the caramel sea salt together!! Chocolate chip is really good too. Join the Red Spoon Society if you go there often like we do. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. You can even check their website for the flavors served that day. Our favorite 'ice cream' place in Portland!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stumbled upon The Gelato Fiasco when wandering around The Old Port. It was a lucky find! We were warmly welcomed immediately upon entering the store and told that we could sample as many gelatos as we wanted. In fact, tasting was encouraged! Everything we tried was delicious, so decision time was tough. We each picked two gelatos and savored each yummy bite. The servings were quite generous. The staff quite friendly. A winner all around.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I used to think that gelato was inferior to ice cream due to it being made with milk where ice cream is made with well... cream. I assumed it would be less unhealthy, and therefore less rich and delicious, but Gelato Fiasco has proved me wrong. Their flavor selection is overwhelming, makes it quite difficult to decide what to get. Fortunately they are more than happy to scoop up a dish of half one and half another flavor. I had always shied away from the flavor they call "sweet resurgam" just because it sounded so odd, but after I had already ordered my half fresh cream half italian pistachio bowl on my last visit, I was told it is by far their most popular flavor, consisting of toasted sugar flavor, sea salt caramel and ghirardelli chocolate. I'll be going back to try that out in the very near future I think.

As others have mentioned, they are very generous with their serving sizes. A small was wayyy more than I could eat, I'll probably get a kiddie size next time. Anyway, I love this place and highly recommend it to anyone looking to satisfy a sweet tooth.