“Great gelato!”

The Gelato Fiasco Old Port
Ranked #4 of 24 Dessert in Portland
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Discover Portland's new dessert menu with 30 flavors of gelato and sorbetto daily from a growing collection of more than 1,000 flavors. Try as many flavors as you wish and squeeze as many as you want into any dish. Full coffee and espresso bar available. Open Noon to 11 p.m. every day.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I often end up here after dinner in the Old Port. Lots of delicious flavors to choose from, friendly service and very generous sizes. You can sample as many as you'd like and order multiple flavors in a dish. Try the dark chocolate and the caramel sea salt together!! Chocolate chip is really good too. Join the Red Spoon Society if you go there often like we do. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. You can even check their website for the flavors served that day. Our favorite 'ice cream' place in Portland!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stumbled upon The Gelato Fiasco when wandering around The Old Port. It was a lucky find! We were warmly welcomed immediately upon entering the store and told that we could sample as many gelatos as we wanted. In fact, tasting was encouraged! Everything we tried was delicious, so decision time was tough. We each picked two gelatos and savored each yummy bite. The servings were quite generous. The staff quite friendly. A winner all around.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I used to think that gelato was inferior to ice cream due to it being made with milk where ice cream is made with well... cream. I assumed it would be less unhealthy, and therefore less rich and delicious, but Gelato Fiasco has proved me wrong. Their flavor selection is overwhelming, makes it quite difficult to decide what to get. Fortunately they are more than happy to scoop up a dish of half one and half another flavor. I had always shied away from the flavor they call "sweet resurgam" just because it sounded so odd, but after I had already ordered my half fresh cream half italian pistachio bowl on my last visit, I was told it is by far their most popular flavor, consisting of toasted sugar flavor, sea salt caramel and ghirardelli chocolate. I'll be going back to try that out in the very near future I think.

As others have mentioned, they are very generous with their serving sizes. A small was wayyy more than I could eat, I'll probably get a kiddie size next time. Anyway, I love this place and highly recommend it to anyone looking to satisfy a sweet tooth.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I like the quality of Gorgeous Gelato better, but the variety of flavors is better here. So try both! Ask for a chai milkshake--so good!

1  Thank whitstheatre
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were headed to Gorgeous Gelato until another shop owner in the area highly recommended Gelato Fiasco because she said we would be offered as many samples as we wanted and could order more than one flavor per bowl. They make 30 flavors daily, and since it was still blueberry season, I ordered a small bowl of blueberry gelato and blueberry sorbetto. Both were delicious and the service was excellent.