“Delicious and very cheap for a great meal!!”
Review of Saigon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Saigon
Ranked #299 of 606 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This restaurant is fantastic!! I am Vietnamese and Lao and I know good pho. We try pho in every city we go to when were on vacation and this was one of the best vietnamese-type pho I've ever had. Delicious. It was a little pricy for pho ($7 for a small, $8 for a medium and $9.50 for a large) but it came with a separate bowl of soup for an appetizer and watermelon for dessert on the house.  We ordered 6 dishes and the bill only came out to $55. It was such a great deal and, again, one of the best bowls that I've ever had. 5 stars! Eat here and you'll leave very happy and full!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

OK, I would not try Saigon for a year as their sign advertised that they served breakfast. SOmething about a Chinese restaurant serving all three meals just weirded me out. Add to that the curb appeal, and I stubbornly refused to even try it.

One night a friend and I landed up there quite by chance. Another Portland find! Walk through the doors and you'll find a clean, simple yet smart restaurant. The complimentary soup is delicious, the food always solid with crisp veggies, and the staff is very friendly. This is a great place for a quick meal. Service is fast and food seems to appear even faster.
But I'm still not going there for breakfast! :)

2  Thank THESUPERFRANK
Reviewed April 3, 2012

First time patrron at this small restaurant on Forest Avenue in Portland, Maine. Typical polite service with food to die for. Excellent flavors, crispy vegetables and very well prepared food.
I will return often. Donato