“Babylon best middle eastern in Portland”
Review of Babylon Restaurant

Babylon Restaurant
Ranked #171 of 615 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Babylon Restaurant serves authentic Middle Eastern Food from our family's recipes. Our goal is to bring authentic Middle Eastern food to Portland, Maine. All of our dishes are made with Halal meat and all of our dishes are made with high quality ingredients. At Babylon Restaurant, customers will find authentic Middle Eastern and Iraqi food, good service at a reasonable price.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Babylon Restaurant in Morrill's Corner has terrific, authentic middle eastern cuisine. Delicious, fresh, nicely seasoned dishes that are a rare find in Maine. While the service is inexperienced the food is well worth it. Try teh baklava made with rose water for dessert.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a great lunch at Babylon. We had soup, salad, beef sambusas, and chicken and rice. Food is "Iraqi-style" and has great fresh flavors.

This is a family-run kind of place. Lots of food, sweet servers and local patrons. TV is a little too loud but I'm sure they would have turned it down if we asked.

If you have never tried Middle Eastern food I would recommend Babylon. There are sandwiches, salads and soups on the menu. I took home some sweet rose scented baklava to enjoy at home.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I love Mid East food and choose to spend our Saturday night at Babylon. We were met at the door with a warm smile and promptly seated. After our order was taken by a very nice waiter we were presented with a free bowl of delicious lentil soup. We started with mosabaha and it was simply delightful. The taste was fresh and the homemade yogurt was perfect. My husband and I had the lamb tikka. We were very pleased with our meal. The place could use a little sprucing up but the food was superb.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Everything we had was excellent and very filling . The regular biryani and the spicy variant wee very tasty . The chicken was roasted with crispy skin and the plate had 3 legs. The beef was shredded. The falafel vegetable sandwich was good . We loved our lentil soup and fowul- a fava bean tomato dip.
Service- pleasant and courteous
Atmosphere - stark boy OK

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I should mention right off the bat that the restaurant changed its name recently to Babylon, although Al Huda still appears in the menus and on the receipt. Oh, and the parking is a little tricky. The restaurant is right in Morrill's corner, but they have off street parking in a lot on Bishop St. You just have to make sure you're driving on Forest Ave. so you can turn onto that street. The new owner are (I believe) an Iraqi family. Anyway, I went this afternoon with four other people and all of us enjoyed what we had. We all tried the sambusa, which was the best any of us had had. I had a beef shawarma plate, which was very good. I made a point of saving some for lunch tomorrow. I also tried some of my girlfriend's falafel and hummus plate, which was very good, especially the olive oil. We considered checking at the halal market next door to see if that's where they got it. My girlfriend also liked the banana and milk drink she got. The Iraqi coffee my friend got was also a hit with him and his girlfriend. Anyway, the food was great and very affordable. Also, the people there were very nice. They even gave us baklava after our meal!

1  Thank Derek F