“Delicious Authentic Middle Eastern & African Food”
Review of Babylon Restaurant

Babylon Restaurant
Ranked #174 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Babylon Restaurant serves authentic Middle Eastern Food from our family's recipes. Our goal is to bring authentic Middle Eastern food to Portland, Maine. All of our dishes are made with Halal meat and all of our dishes are made with high quality ingredients. At Babylon Restaurant, customers will find authentic Middle Eastern and Iraqi food, good service at a reasonable price.
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We really enjoyed our meal at Al Huda. Located on outer Forest Ave by McDonald's, there was plenty of parking. We went for lunch during a week day. There was nobody else there but us, finally a few other guests came in to eat. I noticed several people come for take-out. All their patrons seemed to be locals of similar ethinic groups so this really told me that the food would be authentic and tasty. The atmosphere was not the most spectacular, but it again was very authentic, and when I walked in I felt that I was transported to another part of the world. We ordered the Sharshwama Kabob Sandwiches, filled with chicken, beef or lamb, mixed stir fired veggies wrapped up in a pita bread. It was absolutely delicious. The sauce that they used had an amazing flavor and kick to it. The portion was very large and each sandwich only cost about $7. The meal really left me wanting to try more on their menu. We will definitely go back, maybe for dinner when we can experience more ambiance!

3  Thank rengem