“You get what you pay for”
Review of Motel 6 Portland

Motel 6 Portland
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay and found it here.The elevator was a bit scary we tried to take stairs as much as possible.Our room sink and tub had problems with drainage but the maintenance man did fix it for us.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 3, 2009

This is not a high end hotel. It has been refurbished lately and the rooms are clean, comfortable and safe. It is the perfect spot for a quick spot to sleep as you travel. The rooms are small, the TVs is small and older, but the beds are comfortable. The air conditioner worked fine and the bathroom was adequate and worked as expected.

You don't get a lot of fancy soaps and lotions, fluffy towels or perks with a Motel 6, but on the other hand when you're paying 50 bucks for the room you can't expect much.

The location is great, just off I95, and even with the close proximity to the interstate the room was quite quiet.

There are lots of nearby resturants, shops, and a supermarket just across the street, so everything is very convenient.

Overall, it is a good stopping point for a quick overnight, but if you want to lounge in your hotel room and enjoy the decor and surroundings, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2009

My wife and I had a very comfortable and pleasant stay at this Motel 6 for three nights this weekend. First, let's make one thing clear. If you are looking for a SUPER LUXURY hotel, this is not for you. You will not get such a hotel at $59.00 to $79.00 a night. You will need to spend at least $129.00 to $149.00 for such a hotel. But, if you are looking for a nice, clean place to stay where you feel comfortable and have all the necessities required, this is a fine place to stay. We opened the door to our room and found the room to be nice and bright. It was very, very clean with comfortable beds and clean sheets. The bathroom was very clean and provided great hot showers. The hotel is clean and well air-conditioned for the summer months. The personnel were excellent. Very kind and helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much and we will certainly stay here again when we visit beautiful Portland, Maine again. It helped make our trip extremely memorable. I like to judge a hotel by how I feel about returning to it after a day of sightseeing. Do I feel like returning or do I dread returning? I certainly did not dread this Motel 6. I looked very much forward to returning for a good night rest. For these reasons, I give this hotel 5 stars

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2009

OK, I missed the large room, king-sized bed, TV large enough to see, fridge, microwave, and free breakfast of other motels. But you know what I don’t miss? The $90 that is still in my wallet because I stayed here and not down the street. It was quiet, clean (except for a giant hair in the shower), and comfortable. The bathroom looked like it had recently been redone and was very nice except for a loose and non-working exhaust. If you go to Portland to hang out by the pool, stay at the Holiday Inn down the street (for $90 more). Otherwise, sleep here and spend your money out on the town.

scooper47’s top tip: The Old Port is overrated. Take an island cruise and tour the town for great architecture instead.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2009

First this is a Motel 6, and though I have stayed at some very impressive Motel 6 locations they do have a reputation of being very basic. This location was right in the middle as far as a Motel 6 goes. The room was small but clean and marginally comfortable. It was very secure as you had to have a room key to get past the limited lobby. Very cheep for a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2008

I was skeptical about staying at a motel 6 because I have heard so many bad things about the motel. We were only in Portland for one night and the Laquinta was booked so we decided to not spend too much on the hotel since we would only be sleeping there for a few hours. I was actually surprised by the room..it was super clean and the bathrooms were sooo nice. We were on the 5th floor so I took the stairs when possible since I am not a fan of elevators. This hotel was pet friendly..I was amazaed with how many dogs were in this place...it was great to see! When I asked about wireless internet the front desk guy even gave me a wireless card for free :) This is by no means a fancy place to stay but it was descent for the price for people that were just traveling through. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dmiller63125
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My boyfriend and I booked a room here for the time we were in Maine for a wedding. The hotel was listed on the bride and groom's list of places to stay. I would NOT suggest anyone stay here! The lack of a lobby should have been our first indication. We went up to the room, through the halls with stained carpets and a rickety elevator. The room reaked of mildew and smoke (although we had booked a non-smoking room) We didn't even get all the way in the door and from the way my eyes were buring we turned around. We headed back to the front desk where we expected them to offer us another room, instead they offered us a refund and we were free to go. This must happen often. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! We went up the road and for an extra 80 dollars stayed in a very nice Holiday Inn, definately worth the extra money.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)