“Overcharged, manager will NOT return call.”
Review of Motel 6 Portland

Motel 6 Portland
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Old Town
“Overcharged, manager will NOT return call.”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed Nov 14, 2013 for 1 night (which was shown as 1 night on my CC) but got charged for two. My fault for not seeing it on my statement when we checked out the next day, but 3 calls to motel and NO return calls from manager. We're now staying at the nearby Super 8. Watch your wallets. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Neal W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
Beantown
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a much needed weekend away...what a mistake! We requested a non-smoking room and the minute we walked in, not only did the hallway of the floor we were on smell but our room reeked of stale cigarette smoke! We were guaranteed a non-smoking room and the sign on the door said no smoking however we found it comical that there were multiple ashtrays available in the room.

You could not regulate the heater to get comfortable either you were sweating or freezing and the beds were extremely uncomfortable, basically the box spring was falling apart. The most disgusting and worst part was when I went to go in the shower and I look down at the bottom of the shower liner and it was full black mold!!!

The booking site for the hotel said new and improved...although for motel 6 we did not expect much however that had not even begun and hotel was under renovations...this place should be shut down for health code violations.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank jmarie2736
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

It's a Motel 6, and it was just fine! I stayed here on Columbus weekend and paid 1/3 the price of the next cheapest place in town. It was very simple and wasn't the closest to downtown ( 3 or 4 miles away) but worth the savings so I could spend more on meals out at good restaurants. Don't expect much and you'll appreciate the savings and the ability to spend the money you saved on meals or on shopping.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Cape_Cod_Antoine
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I should have made a reservation, when I arrived at the property it was almost 6 and the guy at the counter had a line filling the lobby. He was just about to cancel the non guaranteed reservations and after waiting just a little while he got me the last room available. It was a smoking room and we would have preferred non smoking, but it was surprisingly fresh smelling for being a smoking room. We stayed two nights and they got us a non smoking for the second night. The motel was conveniently located, not far from downtown and plenty of restaurants around.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Glenburn Center, Maine, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My cousin and I went to Portland for a little girl time get away. We chose Motel 6 for the price and because she has stayed there numorous times before. We checked in went to our romm, She went back to the car for something and as I was plugging in my cell phone charger I looked and saw a used insulin syringe needle on the bed!!!! When she came back I showed her and she went to the front desk where she was greeted with nothing but a very disrespectful attitude from the desk clerk. After close to an hr we finally had another room. I have to say the needle was bad enough but the attiude and disrespect from the desk clerk made everything so much worse. He acted liked we were putting him out and like a dirty needle on the bed was no big deal... WRONG!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ida M
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Portland, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and poor guest service conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I know what Motel 6 is - & it's the budget stay that draws me in. The staff were polite and efficient. The room was basic as you expect Motel 6 to be. However the comings & goings of hazy groups of drunken scum was very off-putting.I saw the Police - inside resolving an incident there twice. I had my bicycle in my room. I still chained it up to the prison style table. It;s just a rough place, but cheap. I's about 4 miles out of Portland. The bus is regular into the city & costs just $1.50. Hmmmm...... 4/10. I think that's fair.

Room Tip: Nearer to reception for extra safety.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephen A
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Portland, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Stephen A.
Thank you for taking time to post your review and for recognizing our staff.. We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your recent stay and encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here on a short stop en route from Boston to rangeley - what a mistake .my pal was being proposition by a female in the foyer as we checked in, she seemed to be high also.we were woken by a character banging on room doors along the corridor at 5 am.i was proposition by a sub normal female in the lift the next morning, she was also talking to herself.another female was standing right outside our room door as we were leaving and spoke to my pal about all her ailments.there were many homeless type people being housed there and not separated. From paying guests.cheap so I guess I should have known better ---- never ever again.oh! The rooms although Spartan were. Not too bad..

Room Tip: Go to another hotel there is an hojo's very nearby
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank leafpeeper-supreme
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Portland, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear leafpeeper-supreme,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.