“Good venue, but holy hot, Batman!”
Review of State Theatre

State Theatre
Ranked #59 of 151 things to do in Portland
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I went to see the Fiona Apple show at State Theatre. All seats are general admission so I would suggest getting there for doors. The seats were comfortable, there are plenty of bars, and never a line for the bathroom. However, on this night it was at least 10-15 degrees hotter inside than outside. Everyone was a sweaty mess, and it wasn't like we were dancing. Since none of the other posts mentioned this I would like to think it was a freak occurrence. But, the building is old and it didn't seem that there was much in the way of air conditioning. Halfway through the show, security was opening side doors just for airflow thankfully. Just be warned to dress minimally for the summer months.

1  Thank dr_perk
There are newer reviews for State Theatre

Reviewed June 7, 2012

A beautifully restored venue for quality entertainment.

1  Thank 8thMe
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I recently visited this theatre to see a concert and had an enjoyable evening. The seats were comfortable and the sight lines were above average. There were plenty of restrooms and reasonably priced concessions. I definitely would go back to see another concert or show there.

1  Thank SunSeeker62
Reviewed April 20, 2012

been here several times for concerts. Very roomy in the chair seating area, but there is a stand only area in the front that can get alittle messy when people push to get to the front stage. The acoustics in this theatre is great!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I went there for the first time to see Lily Tomlin. The place was much larger than I expected. An old theater with not so great decor. No elevator to the upper level. But enjoyed the show.

1  Thank Mainiac1943