“Awesome Lobster Roll!!!”

Fishermen's Grill
Ranked #83 of 614 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: CLOSED MONDAY , OPEN TUESDAY 12-3 WED-THURS 12-6 FRI-SAT 12-9 SUNDAY 12-6 THANKS ! FEEL FREE TO CALL I WILL CLOSE IF I RUN OUT OF FOOD
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome Lobster Roll!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place is just a little shack on the side of the road in Portland, but it has the most amazing lobster rolls. The roll is loaded with lobster, the most I've ever seen in a lobster roll. The clam chowder and haddock chowder were very good too. The haddock chowder is made to order so you know its fresh. No alcohol available. Service is order at the counter but food is brought out to your table. It was pretty crowded when we were there, but it sounded like we got there during an unexpected rush. A bit of a wait for the food, probably because of the crowd. Not a lot of seating inside, but there are quite a few tables outdoors too. This is going to be a must-stop every time I am in Portland, Maine from now on. Just amazing lobster roll!!

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Carshalton, United Kingdom
“Best lobster Roll and Chowder in the world”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We ( my husband, my brother and sister-in- law and our Niece went to eat at this small but very good quality restaurant. Our Niece brought us to this restaurant. We were served with fresh lobster in a roll, clams and seafood chowder. All very tasty, cheap. The lady who greeted us in was very very kind and friendly. The service was fast and efficient. It is highly recommended! Please eat there if you are passing by! Excellent food! 5/10/13

Visited October 2013
“Best seared scallop ever!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Strongly recommend the seared scallop - best ever! Also thanks the owner for staying open for my husband and I when we arrived rather late. He really knows how to cook!

• Visited October 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“We were overwhelmed by the hype”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Let’s ignore that this is fundamentally a take-out joint. My Lady and I wanted to sample some Maine lobster and we were drawn here because of the reviewers’ hype on multiple websites. We waited about 15 minutes to place our order and then another 25 minutes for our food after placed. We ate inside on a barely comfortable table-for-2.

I ordered the large lobster roll and my Lady ordered the lobster stew. There was lots of lobster on a grilled, buttered bun. The lobster was quite cold and had no pizzazz. They use the same size hot dog bun regardless of the amount of lobster you buy. Frankly, there was too much lobster for the roll. The lobster stew had very good broth and a reasonable amount of lobster. This stew contained no potatoes … it was simply lobster and broth. We paid $45 for the 2 items … and were almost ready to eat another lunch.

We spent 6 days in Maine and I had lobster roll in 4 restaurants. Fisherman’s Grill’s lobster roll is ranked on the bottom of the list. Portland has a lot of seafood restaurants. If we visit the city again, we’ll try more of the other places

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Beyondthebull
Milford, Connecticut
“Must visit - no better seafood anywhere”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

As good as the best in Boston or NYC. We had seared scallops & haddock. Fresh & delicious. Oustanding value. No ambience unless you like sitting at outdoor picnic table near road, but you can't beat the food. Got there early so there was no wait but it filled up quickly as we left.

• Visited August 2013