“best lobster i have ever had”
Review of Fishermens Grill - CLOSED

Fishermens Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: We love our coustmers and food , the goal give the best quality food and portions at the best price , I moved location do to a massive rent increase , but same owner and food , but to add to it I have a small bar now and a new bar menu !! I'm also adding some of the classic Italian food I grew up eating , for those who don't like seafood come give it a shot !!! Thanks all
Reviewed July 22, 2013

What made our day trip to Portland was this little restaurant. I have had lobster over 100 times in my life hudsons at Hilton head came in second but this lobster roll at fishermen's grill was so wonderful it melted in our mouths.... 13 of us to be exact ...He opened on his day off what a great fun time...... wonderful sea food fresh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for hitting my bucket list......

2  Thank pbrnLafayettteOhio

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A group of friends were on the Carnival Glory and went here for a "light" lunch. We were so miserably stuffed from all the incredible fresh cuisine. Best lobster roll EVER!!! The fried clams and fries! You guys were amazing. Best part of the entire trip. Thanks for opening up on your day off!! Can not say enough good things about this establishment!! It's so quaint and unexpected. This place will blow your socks off!!

2  Thank Jim W
Reviewed July 17, 2013

On our way for a vacation in Maine we stopped into this quaint restaurant, hole in the wall, after reading a recommendation. The lobster roll and broiled haddock were excellent set off by the hearty welcome and excellent service. Small and crowded, we managed to get one of the small tables, you eat and get up so that others can enjoy the bustle. A line of 10 people extended out the door and orders were taken slowly so that the kitchen could keep up.

4  Thank maxwellkg
mike n, Owner at Fishermens Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review , im sorry about the seating and I have a good game plan for the line , I just needed to go through to u no what , to brain storm a plan of attack , so in a short time I will make the most productive small place in the state !! thanks again !!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We waited in line for an hour and a half over the 4th of July weekend for lobster rolls and fried clams. After spending close to $200.00 (and having to bring our food home because only take-out was available) I found myself wanting more. The lobster roll was one of the better ones I've had, though I wish the roll was less buttery. It definitely detracted from the lobster. Also wish there was more acid to the lobster roll to counteract the fat content. The overall winners were the fried claims, though I did wind up adding some salt as I found the batter under-seasoned. Perhaps if the wait was shorter, my expectations lower, and my bill about 50% less I would have been happy to give this a four or four-and-a-half star rating. I don't think I would return to this restaurant again. Instead I'd put it towards a good sit-down dinner at one of Portland's many fine restaurants.

2  Thank MAF1125

thank you and sorry about that day things fell apart a bit for me , I was never expecting that kind of volume , and it has been nice and slow sense , the place is to small to have those numbers clearly and i got yelped to death , i would like to offer you two jumbo rolls on me if you ever come back , just don't come on a holiday !!! sorry again and also thank you for letting me know .

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A friend of ours found this place on your website and we took a chance on the restaurant once we got to port off the Carnival Glory...
Best. Experience. Yet. The guys were amazing. Opened FOR US and gave us the BEST food and service on the trip so far. You HAVE TO try this place. I'll be dreaming about it for a long time.

4  Thank RebeccaKlein97