“I was expecting too much”
Review of Fishermen's Grill

Fishermen's Grill
Ranked #85 of 617 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: CLOSED MONDAY , OPEN TUESDAY 12-3 WED-THURS 12-6 FRI-SAT 12-9 SUNDAY 12-6 THANKS ! FEEL FREE TO CALL I WILL CLOSE IF I RUN OUT OF FOOD
Orono, Maine
“I was expecting too much”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was excpeting a real restaurant, with decoration and everything. The place is pretty small, with 4-5 tables only.
The food wasn't wonderful, just regular. I got a sea food sampler, which was enough for two people, but wasn't so tasty.
The price was also ok.
When I arrived I got the last table available, and after that plenty of people showed up, creating a 20 people line.
My friend who was with me really enjoyed the meal, but for me it was just regular.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank emenemes
mike n, Owner at Fishermen's Grill, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
hi thanks for your review , you got the sampler well that's one of my most liked things ! did u get it fried or grilled because I grill it with lemon and a bunch of different seasonings also and the people that don't eat the fried really love that , come on back and get one some time and ill give you 50% off !! just so u know

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Greenwich, CT
“The real thing! Not some touristy trap.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

If you want real clam chowder, fried clams and a lobster roll filled with firm fresh lobster by a fixture of the waterfront scene, this is the place. The owner is a character with charm and personality and a flare for cooking seafood. He certainly didn't waste time in decorator school. This place is a keeper. Good luck finding it.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank captainStan
Belfast, Maine
“Seafood at its Freshest--Worth the Trip”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Fisherman's Grill is a bit hard to find, but well worth the effort. I was visiting Portland last week and decided to try something new. The owner-cook is working alone at this time of year, but the food was worth waiting for and it seemed as if most of the customers are regulars.

I had the last lobster roll of the evening (he took the meat out of the shell while I waited), served with a cup of excellent clam chowder (no filler and not over-seasoned). It was not cheap, but was a perfect meal. I also saw customers order the fresh fish and chips (looked great), and other fried dishes.

I will return, earlier in the day, to try more of the menu offerings.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank dukeclu
New York, New York, United States
“lobster roll greatness”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Thank god I read in detail the reviews of this place which is open in the off season! I knew it was hard to find by GPS but was near a restaurant with almost the same name Fishermens Knot?(maybe) anyway I knew we were looking for a small restaurant someone so accurately called a shack.
I have no idea if you can park on the street directly outside but its what I did =) There were 3 of us and when we walked in the 4 tables were all occupied so we order our food to go. We have never had lobster rolls before and had no idea what the prices were like and thank god I had cash. The door has a cash only sign or local checks, leave your plastic at home people! I think Tom was behind the counter taking orders, if so your great Tom! He explained the sizes and even pointed out what people were eating so we could get an idea of portions. Crab was like 60 bucks a pound the day we went and I was shocked that the medium lobster roll was 20ish dollars. But we had to have it =) And then I saw the sign for clam chowder and had to have that also!
I was so hoping that the reviews would live up to the hype in the off season because I just spent 30 bucks on a sandwich and soup. You were all it spot on.
The lobster roll was so simple and amazing. Just the right amount of mayo (on the lighter side then most rolls) with some salt and pepper. The clam chowdahhh was just as great. I even converted a non seafood eater to enjoy the soup.
I dont even know what else to say, just go and eat and enjoy.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Gabrielle G
Gorham, Maine
“Excellent lobster rolls, fried clams, but priced high”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Everything here in this tiny place next to Fisherman's Net is fresh as can be and cooked to its delicious best. But the prices are quite high. I paid over $ 17. for fried clams and one soda. The lobster rolls really feature the lobster with a minimum of mayo. The chowder is great.

Visited May 2013