“Pretty good, not great”

Cuisines: Korean
Kensington, CT
“Pretty good, not great”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The restaurant was empty save for one other table, but as the night progressed on this Saturday evening a number of people joined us. The sole waitress greeted us with a smile and directed us to a table for 4. We started off with pumpkin soup that was sweet yet a bit spicy, just like me, plus an avocado salad that looked better than it tasted. For entrees we shared orders of Japache – sweet potato noodles and katsu chicken. – lightly breaded and fried skinless chicken breast with a cabbage salad. Everything we tasted was good, but no culinary heights were scaled this evening. I used a restaurant.com gift certificate.

• Visited August 2012

Winter Park, Florida
“Heavenly Bi Bim Bop”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This Korean restaurant has Heavenly Bi Bim Bop and lots of other wonderful Asian dishes like kimchi, teriyaki, tempura, udon noodles, soups, salads and appetizers. Woo hoo!

portland
“Loved the food in Little Seoul!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My parents and I went into this place before our show at Merrill and all of us had a great time at Little Seoul. It was my parents’ first time trying Korean food and they had Bi-Bim-Bop and a sashimi rice bowl as our server recommended. They loved it very much. I had spicy seafood udon which had lots of seafood inside! It was spicy of course (good spicy!) but was an amazing dish :) You’ll love the comfortable and casual dining atmosphere!

• Visited March 2012
South Salem, New York
“Delicious and flavorful food, all agreed! As the waitress for the favorites.”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Two friends and I just shared the most delicious gyoza, spring rolls, tempura vegetables (appetizer portion), a bib-im-bop, a rice dish that crusts up with an egg on top that cooks as you stir the bowl, and another dish the name of which I didn't get which was SO good I want to go back there immediately. Someone who reviewed this place on another website (urban spoon, or something) said the menu was confusing. Well, we just asked the waitress, and recommended people's favorite dishes. And she was right! Superb!

It's too bad there were no other customers on this Weds night (Weds. before Easter?); I was impelled to write this to urge others to go. This place is great! (I just moved to Portland 6 months ago, from New York City!)

• Visited April 2012
Augusta, Maine
“I keep going back.”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I LOVE the bimibap and the sushi cracker appetizer. Also soup. The noodle dishes so far are also very nice, but I only get to sample when I go with someone who likes to share because I keep ordering bimibap. Mmm, crunchy rice bottom and egg on top. We ordered a maki roll one time: it was good but I would probably go elsewhere for sushi as the selection is not broad. LS is not fine dining (or attempt to be), but the service is pleasant & efficient & the dining room is comfortable. If you sit towards the back you won't find yourself right next to a table of shouters.

• Visited February 2012