“Very enjoyable”

Taco Escobarr
Ranked #56 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Headed to Taco Escobarr for $2 Tuesday Tacos and very glad we did. We sat at the bar, the service was excellent and the tacos were delicious. Very good margaritas and the atmosphere is just the way I like it, relaxed!!

Definitely will be heading to this place again next time I am having a Mexican craving!!

There are newer reviews for Taco Escobarr

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We happened to walk in for a really late lunch and the tacos and beer were really good. We both had the taco trio (?), one steak, one pork and a chicken. I think it was $8.00 each or so, not bad, tacos were actually better than we expected. Not sure if it would make a great dinner, and it was "bar noisy" but it served our purpose fine and would definately go back!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

I really enjoyed Taco Escobar. I ordered 3 puffy tacos and my husband had a burrito. Overall, we were very impressed. The salsa and guac were very good, the puffy tacos were the perfect size - 3 was exactly right for a meal. I also tried a drink on the menu that consisted of red wine mixed with cola; sounded very strange, but was actually very good. I tried chicken, steak, and ground beef in my tacos (they don't call it ground beef, it has another name on the menu, I had to ask what it was.) , and was surprised to find the ground beef was by far the best followed by the steak and then the chicken. Chicken was slightly bland, but that may have just been the cook on that day. Nothing a good dollop of sour cream and guac couldn't fix. Veggies were fresh, the puffy taco shells were awesome and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his burrito. I'm sure we'll return.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

I went at an off hour to try the food. Nothing sounded that great, so I tried a soft chicken taco. Tiny, and not good. Probably good for a drink or a few beers.

1  Thank vivian401
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Tacos were ok. Service so so. They are trying hard I believe and will get probably better with time.