“Fun and Family friendly!”
Review of Bayside Bowl

Bayside Bowl
Ranked #3 of 13 Fun & Games in Portland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun and Family friendly!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is a blast for folks of all ages. A nice new bowling area and great food. This is one place to keep in mind for a fun time out! I have even planned office outings here. Great for team building and stress relief!Good music, food and bowling. Clean bathrooms and friendly staff!

Visited May 2013

Portland, ME
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great Bowling, Beer and Music”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I love this place. It's a great place to hang out, hear some local music (Lars Vegas and DRU on the last visit), and bowl. The area is a bit sketchy but I've walked there from downtown at night with no problems, at all. Come on down and bowl! It's fun!

Visited May 2013
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good spot for after work drinks”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good spot to go to after work for drinks, parking ok, large tables, can be a bit loud but it is a bowling alley. Bowling is a bit pricey.

Visited November 2012
Boston
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“bowling with cocktails”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Fun hip bowling with a huge bar/food area. Downside was a long wait on a Saturday afternoon, but glad we went. Slightly sketchy area--drive, don't walk from downtown.

Visited January 2013
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 219 helpful votes
“Gem of a Bowling Alley in a Gem of a City”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love Bayside Bowl: I've been a half-dozen times. It's clean, modern, well-lit, with quality interior furnishings and building materials. The automated lanes work well, they have skee-ball, the staff are friendly and competent, and the food is above-average. They have a full bar, and a live DJ. This is a totally fun atmosphere for a price which is slightly above your average ten-pin alley in Maine. But very much worth it.

My only criticism is that the shoes they rent have no "grab" to the soles, and the floors are waxed to make it slippery, and potentially treacherous to bowl. In fact, I slipped on my last visit and really screwed-up my knee, a la ' I will need surgery. ' Not happy.

Just be especially careful. I would still recommend this place for a fun night out with friends. I could do without the kiddies being there.... but I had so much fun (before my injury) I hardly noticed the whiney kids.

Visited January 2013