“Must stop for beer lovers!”

Novare Res Bier Cafe
Ranked #53 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American, Belgian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bangor, Maine
“Must stop for beer lovers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

So excited we were able to stop here on our recent trip. We already decided to come back in the summer with this as our main destination! staff was so friendly and atmosphere was so comfortable! They just need more seating in the big room and it would be perfect. Can't wait for this summer!

Syracuse, New York, United States
“Many much beers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have a favorite beer or flavor? I'm sure they have it here... plenty of free samples to find the right one. Great staff and very cool atmosphere here... not too crowded or waiting around for another round of beers. Oh and the selection... wow!

Visited December 2012
Medford, Massachusetts
“Stouts on stouts on stouts!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Being a pseudo beer aficionado, I was pretty thrilled to finally check out this cozy spot right off of Exchange Street. We lucked out and found a spot at the bar pretty late on a Saturday night, and my luck continued as that night in particular was the '12 Stouts after Christmas' and I do enjoy my stouts. Great selection and pretty friendly staff, although they aren't the quickest. Definitely worth checking out if you like Belgian and imported beers, and they also have a good selection of Maine droughts. I will be back in the summer to enjoy the patio - which the bartender told us is awesome. Well done!

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“wonderful spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We are a family of beer enthusiasts, and this was quite the find. The selection was amazing. I told our waiter a type of beer I enjoyed, and he recommended several I might like. I also appreciated being able to purchase "half beers", so I might be able to try a variety without rolling out the door. The atmosphere is great, kind of a dark, hidden pub. We ate various hummus and sandwiches which were just okay, but good to have if you are imbibing! Beer and atmosphere alone would be 5 stars!

Visited December 2012
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Unbelieable beer selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Great line of beers. However bring your wallet as this place is very expensive. However you get what you pay for.

Visited October 2012