“A great choice”

The Thirsty Pig
Ranked #32 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Beer and Sausage. The two things we do best. Paring our house-made sausages with the best Maine-made beer we can find.
Parsippany, NJ
“A great choice”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wife and I stopped in for lunch as the Thirsty Pig was on our list of "must stops" when we were visiting Portland recently. Loved that they had counter service - just ordered our food and drinks when were ready; no need to wait for someone to come and wait on us. We had the Sampler which is a plate of 5 sausages,chefs choice, which was a great idea because 2 of the sausages we never would have picked and they were our favorites - the Thai Chili and the Blueberry Chicken...they were really, really good. We sat outside and even though there wasn't much to look at, it was a nice eating area and could see it being a lot of fun when its crowded. The beer selection was decent and the woman who took our order was super friendly and helped with my beer choices and with our food - she was very knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend the Thirsty Pig as a "must" when in Portland.

“First Rate”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stopped in on whim for a quick meal. The waitstaff was friendly. The service was speedy and efficient. The ingredients are locally sourced. I had the housemade kielbasa which was flavorful and juicy. The roll was perfectly toasted. The housemade spicy mustard was a delicious addition. The sauerkraut was on top, locally made as was well, was the best I have tasted. A very memorable meal!

New London, Connecticut, United States
“Outstanding Sausage and Kraut”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Thirsty Pig on June 28, 2013 while visiting Portland. The wait staff was very friendly. We both ordered a kielbasa sandwich with kraut and spicy mustard, as well as baked beans. We had no complaints with our meal and service. The roll was crispy, and the kielbasa was tasty and not greasy. The kraut and baked beans were also tasty, and the mustard had a nice kick to it. Although the restaurant was noisy, we recommend it to anyone visiting Portland.

Franklin, Massachusetts
“Great Pub Environment with an excellent beer selection”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Portland for my birthday and I was hoping to partake in a lot of local brews. Portland has a bunch of breweries with brew tours so on one day, between tours, we came across the Thirsty Pig. It doesn't look like much but as soon as I sat down, I knew it was going to be wonderful.

The bartender was knowledgeable and friendly. We went for a local beer on tap- I think the Monkey Fist, as our first beer and then I was intrigued by the Pumpkin Smash by Shipyard. They had the tall bottles so my husband and I shared it and it was delightful. It was orange and tasted like pumpkin but not overpowering.

We did end up eating there was well and tried their sausages- they are homemade. We asked the bartender his favorites and stuck with those.

Overall, it is a great place to sit back, have a few drinks and tasty pub food. The people were welcoming and the environment was laid back. It was my favorite place we visited all weekend.

Also, when we were leaving, we picked up a bottle for the Pumpkin Smash and the clerk at the store asked if we had tried it. I told her yes at a bar and she was amazed that it was available at a bar- which makes me think the Thirsty Pig has a better selection of beers than the other bars. I can't confirm but her comment made me think so.

• Visited October 2012
Syracuse, NY
“The Pig Rocks!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great local beer selection at a nice small bar in the center of the Old Port. The owner runs a great bar and loves to promote local beers whenever possible. This is my "go to" bar!

Visited January 2013