“Oh yeah!!”

Micucci Grocery
Ranked #31 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I went here to get the slab and it was the best pizza I have ever had in my life. Helpful staff with smiles and a great selection of imported Italian and Spanish goods. We bought several items and then shipped them back home at a FedX store downtown. No problems. Go get the pizza no matter what! First slabs sold at 10:30.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

While walking around the area as we were waiting for a seat at a nearby restaurant, we happened into this amazing little Italian grocery. In the back was a section there they sold great pizza, super sandwiches (loved the eggplant and Italian sausage sandwiches) and had amazing and very inexpensive home baked goods. It was hard to decide which one to choose! I would definitely come back here again for the food, the no wait and the price advantage for fresh and high quality food.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This Italian store, primo for sure. We were in Portland for the day. Awaiting availability for the shipyard tour, don't waste your time on the tour. Anyhow, we happened upon this store and had the most delicious grinders and pizza slices. The products, meats, cheeses and other delectable Italian products were bar none. I wish I lived closer, this is an Italian dream.
You must try.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Yes, this is an Italian grocery store, but it also has a pizza oven in the back. I wouldn't have realized this if I hadn't been eavesdropping on a group of people nearby, who had also been turned off by the long wait at nearby popular restaurant Duckfat. So here's to eavesdropping on locals :)

The grocery store itself is a wonderland of wholesale goods, from huge slabs of chocolate to bulk spices and local sauces and honey. We were really drawn, though, by the line that was forming in the back. In a tiny space, there was a window with shelves and a couple tables. There were already several people waiting in line, and not knowing what we were doing, we just waited too. 5 minutes later, the smells of delicious pizza wafted out at us. Everyone grabbed plates and boxes for huge slabs of Sicilian-style pizza, and we thankfully got one of them. It was enough for 2 people to share, and so delicious -- hearty with a great crust and proportion of cheese to sauce. Really delicious.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have been visiting Micucci's for 15+ years and even though it has now become one of the darlings of Portland's food world, it is still the best place to wander around looking at interesting foods, drinks, etc. Micucci's is a wholesaler so you can often find great deals on italian foods, meats, cheeses, crackers and biscotti, and who knows what else. No the proscuitto isn't artisanal, but you have your choice of domestic or imported and the price is the best in town. It is unlikely that you will find raw milk cheeses or local farmstead cheeses, but you will find great prices and really good cheeses. I swear by the Taleggio, the Italian Fontina, and the salamis. Oh and the mortadella and the tuscan rosemary ham. And let's not forget the prices and assortment of pastas, the breads from 6 or 7 or 8 different bakeries. I could go on but you need to just go there and listen to people speaking Italian, stocking up before getting on the ferry, enjoying the great array of foods, or just getting a really good piece of pizza to enjoy immediately. Have fun but don't tell too many people because we don't want to spoil it!