“What a gem!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“What a gem!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stopped in as I head the pizza was so good here. It is! there are two little tables in the back of this little deli/store and our family stopped for a quick bite one afternoon. Tried the pizza and enjoyed it very must. Also all of the Italian specialties looked delicious here. We came another day and got some sandwiches to take to the beach. Very good! I highly recommend checking this place out if you are in the area. They have a large deli and also sell wine and various other Italian goods. Perfect place if you want to grab food for a picnic!

Visited July 2013

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Slab of pizza out of this world”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This little store has wonderful Italian groceries including delicious pepperoni sticks and smoked cheddar to go. But, the very best item they offer to the public is their slab of pizza. It is simply the best crust, sweetest tomato sauce, and wonderful cheese ever. There are no toppings and none are needed - perfect just the way it is presented. We stood in line to wait for them to become available, but it is always worth the wait. A slab can easily be split between two people. They also have delicious sandwiches available including sweet sausage with peppers and eggplant with cheese. They looked delicious. I highly recommend it but I hope I get there before you and they run out. :-)

• Visited July 2013
Portland, Maine, United States
“Delicious food without a smile”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Luna bread- delicious. Pizza- pretty damn tasty. Wines, prepared foods and canned goods at very reasonable prices. Service- never gotten so much as a smile out of any employee I've come into contact with. But the food is so good, the grumpiness of the staff won't stop me from coming back.

• Visited July 2013
Cumberland Center, Maine
“Fantastic Sicilian Pizza”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wow! Am I glad I read about the pizza here. Having lived in the Philly area for 20 years, I developed a taste for real Sicilian pizza and missed it terribly when I returned to Maine. This will be a regular stop for me when I come into the city.

Visited July 2013
Portland, Maine
“OVER AND OUT!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just heard that master baker (genius in the kitchen) Stephen Lanzalotta - the creator of all those yummy items in the back (including amazing pizza) - is gone....

...which simply means, SO AM I!

Never more....