“Slab of pizza out of this world”
Review of Micucci Grocery

Micucci Grocery
Ranked #30 of 617 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Slab of pizza out of this world”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This little store has wonderful Italian groceries including delicious pepperoni sticks and smoked cheddar to go. But, the very best item they offer to the public is their slab of pizza. It is simply the best crust, sweetest tomato sauce, and wonderful cheese ever. There are no toppings and none are needed - perfect just the way it is presented. We stood in line to wait for them to become available, but it is always worth the wait. A slab can easily be split between two people. They also have delicious sandwiches available including sweet sausage with peppers and eggplant with cheese. They looked delicious. I highly recommend it but I hope I get there before you and they run out. :-)

• Visited July 2013

Portland, Maine, United States
“Delicious food without a smile”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Luna bread- delicious. Pizza- pretty damn tasty. Wines, prepared foods and canned goods at very reasonable prices. Service- never gotten so much as a smile out of any employee I've come into contact with. But the food is so good, the grumpiness of the staff won't stop me from coming back.

• Visited July 2013
Cumberland Center, Maine
“Fantastic Sicilian Pizza”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wow! Am I glad I read about the pizza here. Having lived in the Philly area for 20 years, I developed a taste for real Sicilian pizza and missed it terribly when I returned to Maine. This will be a regular stop for me when I come into the city.

Visited July 2013
Portland, Maine
“OVER AND OUT!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just heard that master baker (genius in the kitchen) Stephen Lanzalotta - the creator of all those yummy items in the back (including amazing pizza) - is gone....

...which simply means, SO AM I!

Never more....

Visited June 2013
2 Thank theghostwriter
USA
“Amazing place”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I go once a week for my cold cuts, basil, wine and various groceries I can't find at my local hannaford. I also time my visits for when the Luna and pizza is coming out. Yesterday was no different than any other day. The pizza was delicious and the Luna as well. Miccucis has been around for years and anyone who wants to try to boycott it because of one disgruntled employee will just leave more for the rest of us!
Team miccuci!!