“Great italian/specialty grocery and hot food!”
Review of Micucci Grocery

Micucci Grocery
Ranked #30 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed September 4, 2012

They have hard to find grocery items and a deli: good oils, cheeses and meats, wines, jams, fresh breads, fresh & dried herbs, some produce and lots of exotic specialty foods, etc. AND I love their new cafe. "Slab" of pizza is fab, plus they usually have to-die-for canollis and other sweet specialty treats. My whole family has been coming here for years, love it!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great Italian grocery store. They sell sandwiches and sicilian slabs to go. They also have very, very FRESH baked breads. A wonderful place. Also, there are lots of wine selections at reasonable prices. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Whenever I come back to Maine I have to get here at least twice for the slab, the luna bread and then stock up on provisions to bring back to MI. The slab of pizza is worth any wait and make sure to get some luna bread (or any of their bread for that matter) for later. I even asked Steven if he could fix me up with some to take back to MI and he happily obliged - fresh from the oven and boxed to travel for the slabs and several loaves of luna bread for my friends. Took an overnight stay on the drive back, but the slabs reheated nicely even 3 days later. The luna bread is unlike any other I've ever eaten, light as a cloud, great flavor and perfect warm or cold. The grocery store has every pasta, sauce and relish you could ever need and I always get a couple of cases of San Marzano tomatoes for less than 1/2 of what I'd pay here. Between those, the hot pepper and sweet pepper relishes, reasonably priced condiments and oh the spices, my truck is loaded for the return trip (especially after Fishermans Net in Gray & stock up on picked lobser meat, sea scallops, crabmeat and Maine shrimp!)

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We love Micucci's for picnic preparations. Fill your basket with delicious cheeses and their imported prosciutto, wine and San Pellegrino, olives, small tomatoes, a bunch of fresh basil, and some of their splendid luna bread--heaven. I've been getting many more invitations to go sailing with friends since I began offering to bring lunch from Micucci's!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a fun thing to do with our 10 year old! Waiting in line for the Scilian slab to come out of the oven. We had a great time eating the delicious pizza and enjoyed the entire experience.