This isn't a 5-star hotel loaded with amenities and luxuries -- but, it is an above-average hotel in an outstanding location with a friendly helpful staff. We stayed for two nights and were able to walk to most of what we wanted to do within Portland. It's easy on-and-off from the highway but still in the heart of the old port. Our room and the common areas of the hotel were clean and modern. Everyone we interacted with, from the valet to cleaning crews, were friendly and hospitable.
For the price, in other areas you might get a more luxurious or unique experience, but here you're really paying for the location. It's great that you also get a clean, modern, friendly hotel as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn® Portland/Downtown - Waterfront hotel is nestled in the city's Old Port District and offers breathtaking views of lovely Casco Bay and the historic waterfront. Stroll along the cobblestone streets as you explore the many boutiques, museums, galleries and bustling cafes. There's so much to see and do within walking distance of our Portland hotel! Valet parking only onsite $20 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Maine