My stay here was really great. The staff were efficient and attentive. Complementary breakfast was average quality but had lots of choices. Rooms were very clean and updated. Location is very convenient.
NOTE: I was very surprised by the $15.00 VALET PARKING FEE! There seemed to be no way to avoid it as street parking was metered. Nowhere in the confirmation was this fee disclosed. They have a HUGE parking lot and when I arrived I passed by the valet sign and parked the car myself. The valet met me at the car and said it was valet ONLY! Told me to back the car up and into the portico. No mention of the fee. No other option to self park.
I understand this in very large cities like Philadelphia, Boston and NY, but Portland, Maine?
This charge needs to be very clearly stated on their website prior to purchase and in their confirmation.
Not until I checked into it the following morning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn® Portland/Downtown - Waterfront hotel is nestled in the city's Old Port District and offers breathtaking views of lovely Casco Bay and the historic waterfront. Stroll along the cobblestone streets as you explore the many boutiques, museums, galleries and bustling cafes. There's so much to see and do within walking distance of our Portland hotel! Valet parking only onsite $20 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Maine