“Great hotel in downtown portland!”

Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at the Hampton Inn Portland Downtown. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful especially considering we were there during the recent blizzard of Feb. 8,9, 2013. They didn't skip a beat and took a personal interest in the wedding we were there to attend. I would highly recommend them and looking forward to checking out Hampton Inns in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristi B
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located right in downtown Portland near the waterfront and plenty of entertainment and dining. Compared to some of the more expensive "upscale" hotels around here, this place is the best value, hands down.

The hotel is only about a year old and it is very modern, up to date, and CLEAN. All of the staff, including the valet guys, are courteous and very helpful. The daily breakfast is excellent and has plenty of options. The swimming pool and fitness center are great!

My only criticisms are: the rooms are thin and you can hear a lot in the hallway from the room. Also, I wish the bathroom had a fan for some ventilation. The bathroom doesn't get the same ventilation as the rest of the room so it felt a little cooler that the room.

Overall, I 100% recommend this hotel. If I'm staying in Portland again, this is the only place I want to stay. Loved it!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank HenryBoston
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We really like this hotel, especially the coffee and tea bar, which is alway available any time. The staff is good, including the valet parkers, the front desk staff, and the breakfast people. The hotel is very clean and well equipped. We mentioned on checking out that the TV hadn't worked, and Peter, the manager, offered us either a reduction on this stay or on on a future stay, which we took because we will most probably be back. The location is great too. We were upgraded to a harbor view, which was wonderful. Very easy to find from the expressway.

Room Tip: Like any hotel, away from the elevator or ice machine and on on a high floor.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeanfrombos2n
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This Hampton has a great staff, great facility, and an excellent location within the city. I will definitely stay here again!
I was actually stuck in Portland 2 extra nights because of the recent blizzard in the Northeast. The staff was so very helpful. They answered all of my "southern girl" questions about the snow. They offered to drive me to a grocery store to get supplies just in case we lost power. Rich, the hotel shuttle driver, took me to my office on Friday morning so that I wouldn't have to walk the half mile in the snow. He also drove me to the airport when I finally got to go home on Sunday. They never laughed at me for being worried about the snow and took every opportunity to make my extended stay more comfortable.
Portland is a great town. I'm definitely going back for a visit - maybe just in a warmer month!

Room Tip: I always request a high floor away from the elevator. I was in room 506 and had a beautiful view of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Margaret C
Pete W, Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

We would never laugh at you about the storm. Actually the storm dropped more snow in one day than anyone on staff had seen, so we were amazed as well! I am very glad we were able to be of service to you and hope we have the opportunity again in the near future. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have just returned from our stay at the Hampton Inn Downtown Portland. We ended up being stranded because of the major storm and could not have been at a better place. We felt so comfortable and at home. From our morning conversations with Gail during breakfast to helpful advise from Nicole at the front desk as well as great valet service from Rich. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area or travelling in that direction. We will definitely be back again soon!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JenS877
Pete W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thanks for the nice comments on your recent stay with us. Will certain share them with Gail, Nicole and Rich. You will always remember the visit to Portland when there was a blizzard!
We appreciate you staying with us. Come back and visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had a great time here. I'm not a fan a valet parking (probably the only negative thing about this place), but the service here is great. Additionally, the hotel has a great house bar & grill and workout center (with free headphones for you to keep!). Also, the rooms either have nice view of downtown Portland, or of the Atlantic coast. Moreover, this hotel is located in the heart of downtown Portland. It is very easy to get to anywhere downtown from here.

The free breakfast in the morning was generous. They have to-go cups for the coffee, and they even have to-go breakfasts for guests on the run. I highly recommend this place for those staying in Portland.

Room Tip: If you have a choice for a view, do it! It's lovely. Just a reminder that the sun rises from th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Pete W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thanks for the nice review of your stay with us last month. Appreciate the comments about coffee, breakfast and the restaurant next door. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great location and upscale feel for this Hampton. The location in Old Port is great since it is walkable to most anything you want to visit. Cozy fireplace in lobby, friendly staff, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Who could ask for more?

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the water for an early sunrise view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to share comments on your recent stay with us. As the General Manager the best comments I can get are those related to guest rooms being clean, having a friendly staff and guests having a good stay. It doesn't get better than that!

We appreciate your comments and look forward to visiting us again.