“Typical Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Usually, when you stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, you except great customer service and nice, clean rooms. This one delivers on all accounts. Two reasons for not giving this a 5 are 1) I stayed in an even numbered room, which faced the highway. At night, you can hear the trucks and Harleys as they drove down the road. You might want to get an odd numbered room which is the back of the hotel, a little more removed from the highway; 2) I ate dinner at there restaurant and the service was really, really slow. The server was pleasant and extremely nice, but it took me over an hour for dinner, for a party of one. The breakfast was awesome and the staff just as nice and pleasant. Hotel is within minutes of the airport. I would definitely stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: Make sure to request an odd numbered room for more quiet from the highway noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Itsjustme47
Shannon M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for your thoughtful review of the Hilton Garden Inn. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. Although we plan for a slower pace at dinner you should be able to have a meal in less time than you indicated. I will share your comments with our staff to ensure we offer an appropriately timed delivery of dinner to our guests.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great experience here. I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times and have had good stays. I would recommend this hotel. It's a little pricey, but the atmosphere is great and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Bob F

Hello Bob: Thanks very much for your kind words and thoughtful review of the Hilton Garden Inn. Although we are not the least expensive hotel in our area, we pride ourselves in providing a level of service and amentiies that exceeds your expectations. It sounds like we were able to do that for you and hope we can do even better next time.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

It had been about four years since I had stayed at this property and after testing out all the other Hilton properties within the city of Portland I decided to return to this one and I am glad I did. I was well unaware that they renovated and added an extension until I pulled up to the main entrance. I walked into the lobby and was just in awe. The entire lobby was renovated in a updated modern contemporary look with sleek furniture and fixings and felt like I was in some trendy New York City hotel. Upon checking in I was pleasantly surprised by the amazing agent that mentioned that my room was in the new extension and even handed me a complimentary drink voucher to be enjoyed in the lobby bar. The room was extremely spacious, clean and again a great contemporary look. This location is not only perfect for flying out of Portland but is also conveniently located to the shopping district, the Amtrak Station and even the downtown core is a quick 10 minute drive away and easily accessible. Whether in Portland for business, leisure, shopping, or a stopping point before departing via train or airplane you need to make this hotel your #1 choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Manhattan01

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our new renovations and the sleek new look of the lobby. We have a great team whose number one priority is making sure that you are 100% satsified and I am happy we accomplished that and more with your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Helpful front desk staff!! Printed our boarding passes as we did not have equipment (i phones, etc.) to do so!! Thank you!! Next to airport and they provide transportation to the airport. Nice outdoor area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Sherry C

Thank you for your comments, we are so glad you had a great stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden inn Airport in Portland, ME and my experience was so great that I am making it my new place to stay when I fly out of Portland (which is generally once a month). The place is spotless, the staff are extremely friendly, and the deluxe rooms are very large. Also, when I arrived, I discovered that I was the guest of the day, which entitled me to two bottles of water, evening drinks for my husband and I, as well as free breakfast for two. What a great touch to our stay! The only thing that I would ask in future stays is to be away from the elevator, as our room was next to it and it was rather loud. Looking forward to staying there again this week!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Keirstead72

It is such a pleasure to read your comments and to find you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are proud of our recent renovation and all of the improvements we've made and we are happy you enjoyed them. We have a great team here that is commited to making your stay memorable and it looks like we accomplished that and more in your case. We look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and of good quality. Staff was excellent. Restaurant was very good (see separate review). The only (minor) problems were no fan in the bathroom so the mirror was way too steamy and no night lite in the bathroom. A good place to stay if you are traveling thru the portland jet port

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jswTraveler

Thank you for your favorable review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. You may be interested to know we do plan to add night lights in the bathrooms in the near future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Conveniently located within minutes of the airport terminal, this Hilton Garden Inn stands out for excellent customer service.

Welcoming front desk, restaurant and courtesy busy staff make this one of the better HGI's I've stayed at.

Free wifi is a big plus, breakfast is a well priced option.

Only drawback here is the relative isolation, so if you need to shop or dine, you need some form of transportation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank davidrA3168AF
Shannon M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for taking some time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed our hotel and its location to the airport. We hope to see you again soon!

PS. Though we are located four miles from downtown Portland, we do offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the Old Port 6 times a day.