“Not worth the time”
Review of East End Cupcakes

East End Cupcakes
Ranked #14 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
Description: This place is amazing. It definitley should be on your list. Best cupcakes I ever ate and an amazing selection. I just emailed them hoping they will ship to New York.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We happened upon the cupcake shop and I was excited to try them because I had seen them on cupcake wars. When we went in it was early afternoon. I ordered what I thought was a safe plain choice. There selection was I must say minimal. American buttercream on white cake, not what I expected. I want to say that I love sweet things I am a candy lover with all the sugar it has to offer. However this cupcake was way over the top. Just the cake part was way to sweet, not to mention adding the icing on it. I am sad to have to give a unpleasant review but it was honestly the worst thing I ate all week!

There are newer reviews for East End Cupcakes

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I tried the all chocolate first. A bit dry with flavorless whipped cream type frosting. The chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting were a better bet but still a bit dry. I made a point of ordering from the selection inside the case instead of those sitting out uncovered on the counter. Despite the almost full trays in the case, she pulled mine from some open shelf underneath. I won't bother going back. Overpriced small dry cupcakes just don't work for me.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

some of the best cupcakes we've ever had! the staff could have been nicer but we've had worse. the inside of the restaurant was cute and well maintained. definitely check this place out when in portland! only other complaint would be the price, 2.50 per cupcake and they were pretty small. but they were good enough that we'd pay for it again.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stopped in for a cupcake while walking through town. Such a cute little place. I got a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing. So good. the frosting was so good, not to sweet. Loved it.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The red velvet and cream cheese frosting was amazing. There was alot of frosting but it wasnt so sweet that it was hard to eat or hurt your teeth. It was very smooth, and the cake was moist and tasty.

Check em out!!!

Been to East End Cupcakes? Share your experiences!