“Delicious”

Gorgeous Gelato
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Great service great coffee and great gelato. We had Oreo, hazelnut, Spanish cream and gorgeous flavors. All excellent. The owner is very nice and let's you taste.

1  Thank aweiss00
Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

So you like ice cream and happen to be in Portland, just gave yourself the best lobster in town and are looking now for the perfect "cherry on the top"? This is THE place!!!! Well located , nice appealing , and inviting but really who cares about it? You are in for the ice cream so cut the cheese and get to it!!!!

Nice flavors, creamy, soft and original... I am having the chocolate-whiskey while I'm writing this, sitting on nice bench located just outside.... People keep on getting in and coming out with a smile on the face... And this lady just came out still with a bit if chocolate on her lips!!! Nice nice nice!!!!!!

1  Thank fur312
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I actually preferred the place across the street from Gorgeous. It was good but there were many more options with more unique flavors there.

1  Thank corrc7131
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We split a small dish of the chocolate caramel sea salt gelato. I normally don't eat sweets but this was a wonderful experience. The owner was very friendly and helpful, encouraging patrons to sample the eight or so flavors that are available before making a decision.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stopped in for some gelato on our recent family trip to Maine. We had our two year old twins and our two elderly dogs, a golden retriever and lab. It was hot and were looking for a place to sit with our dogs so they could rest while we had a treat. I asked at the counter if we could come in briefly with our dogs to order our gelato and they said the dogs were welcome to stay. We took a back table in the corner and our dogs rested while we tried the gelato. We were in Italy in 2012 so my children vividly remember their daily gelato. The only thing I wished were that they had out the day we were there would be more typical Italian flavors, such as melon, watermelon and mango, which were my children's favorites from Italy. They did have out a Lemencello flavor, straciatella, along with more American type flavors such as Oreo. I had the straciatella and it tasted very authentic. We would stop there again if we are ever back in Portland.

1  Thank Shelley C