“Gelicious!”

Gorgeous Gelato
Ranked #1 of 22 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Flavors, flavors, flavors. You will want to try them all. Quaint and friendly atmosphere but limited seating. Can be quite busy during the summer months but well worth the wait. Prices are slightly higher than an ice cream shop but remember, this isn't ice cream...lol. Worth the visit if you are in the Portland area.

There are newer reviews for Gorgeous Gelato

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great little spot! My fiance tried pistachio, hazelnut, bocia; and I had the cherry and dark chocolate. All - absolutely delightful! Only do not go there when you are just a tiny bit hungry - go there when you have plenty of room in your tummy - the gelato is very filling!

1  Thank Natik_NYC
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I visited Gorgeous Gelato on Fore Street in Maine. Wow a bit of heaven! I visited italy two years ago and I have to tell you Georgeous Gelato tastes exactly the same. The place is very clean and the staff is super friendly. A must visit when in Maine.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My sister loves gelato, and so I surprised her with a trip to Gorgeous Gelato for her birthday. She said it tasted the same as when we were in Italy. My nephews had never tried gelato, and were amazed by the taste! Thanks for making my sister's birthday so sweet!

1  Thank LouAnn R
Reviewed August 10, 2014

It's important to know that I love rich dessert before you read this review, and I also love healthy portions of rich dessert. Ice creams of all kinds are one of my favorite desserts.

So suffice to say I loved this place - the range of available flavors had old favorites (baccio) as well as seasonal or more American flavors. There were the vanillas, fruits, chocolates, carmels, nut flavors as well. Out of the 16-20 flavors available, almost all were different the second day I went.

The small, while it looks small, is definitely enough for how rich the gelato is - I felt sated after one cup - and almost regretful after the larger size.