“Better than in Italy”

Gorgeous Gelato
Ranked #1 of 22 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Portland, Maine
“Better than in Italy”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Italy and live in Portland, Maine. We have always loved Gorgeous Gelato but figured gelato would be even better in Italy; boy, were we wrong. We spent time in Sorrento and Rome and ate at over 7 different Gelato places and none of them were as good as Gorgeous Gelato. Hazelnut and Oreo are to die for! Thank you to Gorgeous Gelato for choosing Portland as your home!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jason S

Rochester, New York
“#1 rated in Portland.. Have to try it!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We ate at Central Provisions and wanted to try the "heavenly gelato" for dessert. We tried the amaretto, cappuccino, and the dark chocolate. Our favorite? The amaretto! The almond flavor was perfect after a hot day of walking around town. They're rated #1 for a reason!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Gelato In The World”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

having traveled to Italy before, I have visited many cities in Italy. I have tried so many different gelatos at various places, but Gorgeous Gelato is the best I've ever had. Who knew Portland Maine has the best gelato! It's healthy and authentic. The flavor is perfect. You will not regret coming here!

1 Thank hannahmorinroy
Tuxedo Park, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great gelato!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is without a doubt among the tastiese gelato I have ever tasted! The chocolate hazelnut was out of this world. I highly reccomend Gorgeous Gelato.

Mike Kupfer

1 Thank Michael K
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Delish!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stopped on a whim as I've never had gelato. It was so flavorful and delicious. Our server was a very pleasant young man who let me sample what I wanted before deciding. Would definitely go back. Thank you!

1 Thank jediknitmaster