“Probably the best dessert ever.”
Review of Gorgeous Gelato

Gorgeous Gelato
Ranked #1 of 24 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Reviewed November 26, 2013

For her birthday I brought my wife down to Fore Street hoping that we could check out a little cupcake boutique she expressed interest in when we were down there last time but due to a fire, many of the buildings were without power. Fortunately, Gorgeous Gelato had full power and GREAT treats. My wife would tell you that she had "the best espresso I've ever had!" and we both also had amazingly delicious gelato. The owner was super friendly and offered for us to sample any and all flavors we were interested in, seeming to genuinely be interested in what we thought. He became noticeably happy when we expressed our delight in each sampling. Even with all the options around that area, I think we've found our place for great dessert. Only issue is the parking but that's a problem for everything in the area.

1  Thank H4U8R15L16E23Y42

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Real deal Italians making real deal gelato!!! They were recommended by our waitress at another local business. Most places including this one make quality products with local ingredients. Portland rocks!

1  Thank Tandys1972
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This place had very delicious gelato. Great flavors, both fruity and chocolatey.
Decadent for sure. I had the dark chocolate and loved it.

1  Thank GwenM100
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just had to try the place that has found itself listed as the "Number 1 Restaurant in Portland" as far as Tripadvisor goes. We walked over to grab some gelato to go back and enjoy later since we had just eaten dinner and were full. I can't remember what the GF got, but I ordered a "Mokkicino" which was creamy chocolate & coffee flavored. GF got a small, and I got a XL which is a kids size at most places that serve frozen desserts. The gelato itself is absolutely delicious....my only complaint is I wanted more. I understand gelato has less air, but who cares? Just give people what they want....bigger servings of your fantastic gelato!!

1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was between the harbor and our hotel, and after reading about it, walked there and had some of their really fantastic gelato. Decadent, it is so good!! Will definitely visit here again when we are in Portland!