“It's the real deal~”

Gorgeous Gelato
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Having just returned from a glorious trip to Italy, I was sad to think I would not experience that amazing Italian gelato for a very long time. I was thrilled to find Gorgeous Gelato in Portland. The owner is Italian and brought the family recipe to Maine and thank goodness! It is so awesome to have real, authentic gelato right in my own backyard. The selection is great, the flavors are fabulous and the taste, well, just close your eyes and you will back in Siena or crossing the Arno or wherever you experienced your favorite taste of gelato!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I LOVE ice cream but while visiting Portland, saw Gorgeous Gelato and stopped in. Figured it might be good as the owner who was the man behind the counter serving was actually Italian, accent and all. He said his wife makes all the gelato's, I say she's very talented. I had a scoop of Amaretto and a scoop of Mococinno (sp) and it was wonderful. Do yourself a favor and get some whenever you're in town.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to Portland just for the Gorgeous Gelato and we were not disappointed. It was well worth the trip from CT. The Panna Cotta was my favorite. A must try.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Gelato here is made in house by owner who actually is a true Italian from Milan. The gelato is amazing and I certainly recommend gelato here if you are craving real Italian gelato! Yummy!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My trip to Portland, ME was wonderful!............. the most absolute delight was tasting and eating GELATO at Gorgeous Gelato.
It was better than ITALY.
The place was nice and the service was great!
A must for everyone traveling to Portland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reuel