“Just Plain Amazing”

Gorgeous Gelato
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Fantastic atmosphere, fantastically nice guy behind the counter (we sampled about a dozen flavors), and of course amazingly fantastically wow gelato. Don't miss it if you're in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came here with friends after a dinner party, needless to say I LOOOOOOOVED the Espresso Coffee Gelato. It was the best I have ever had and I have been to Italy.

Stop in they do great work!

1  Thank Daniel P
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After a big feast of lobster and seafood at the wharf, walking is such a good idea. You will come across at nearby fore street a gelato store. So many selections. It was a good treat. I had the dark chocolate flavor, although I'm not so fond of ice cream. I'm quite surprised I did like it. My son had the tiramisu flavor. It was also good.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

stopped by due to all the review recommendations. delicioso! kids went for dark chocolate and I went for the hazelnut chocolate and panna cotta. very good indeed. we have Pitango Gelato in our neighborhood and another place highly reviewed but in terms of sheer flavor intensity and creaminess, this place is up there. we ate so well during our road trip that had we been "hungrier" we would have appreciated the gelato even more.

1  Thank Ipres
Reviewed June 16, 2013

During the Old Port Festival, when the streets were jam packed with celebrants, my husband and I sought refuge in this small shop. They had a wide range of flavors, including a whiskey dark chocolate that my husband thoroughly approved. In contrast to another gelato store a few steps away, Gorgeous Gelato moved customer quickly through the line.