“Exceptional gelato and espresso!”
Review of Gorgeous Gelato

Gorgeous Gelato
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I loved trying most of the flavors and enjoyed my gelato when i finally decided what kind to get. A great quality espresso shot washed it down nicely. The service was friendly and easy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Since I first visited Italy in 2008, I've said I've never tried any frozen treat like a true Italian gelato. That is until I tried Gorgeous this past Friday night... and again Saturday night. This gelato is so fresh, creamy and delicious - words don't do it justice. I chatted it up with the owner about Bologna versus Rome gelato, and then proceeded to gawk and say "WOW" about a dozen times as my husband, daughter and I sampled several flavors. I wish I lived closer so I could get it again. I normally don't order pistachio, but the owner suggested I try it and it became an insant favorite, followed closely by the dark chocolate and baccio. If you are going to Portland, this place is a must-visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

A highly-rated stop, indeed. But set aside the hyperbole, and simply settle in for a fine, sweet treat.

This is a small, very clean, tastefully creative business in the heart of the shopping district downtown Portland, steps from any of the other shops. Gelato, some pastries, coffees, and sandwiches are offered. My wife and I each had small gelato cups. She got the "gorgeous gelato" flavor, while I mixed that same flavor with pannicatta (sp?). Wow! Light, creamy, sweet, subtle, and terrific! Her cappuccino was robust rocket fuel, Italian Lavazza brand.

Service is courteous, fast and expert. A few tables for indoor seating.

Bottom line: gelato, pure and true, old school style. Very clean, very expert presentation, a reputable business that is not a chain. This stop brightened our day, and isn't that what gelato is supposed to do? On a scale of 1-10, a 10.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I don't like ice cream but the family wanted some. We compromised on Gelato. Undecided on flavors we were offered many flavor choices to try before we decided what to order. Outstanding customer service. Very patient and polite. Every flavor we tried was great. Mix and match on every size was offered. This is great when we still couldn't settle on just one flavor. We all enjoyed our choices and wanted more when we were finished. Repeat customers for sure!

1  Thank samsmomm
Reviewed May 11, 2013

With all of the amazing restaurants in Portland, Gorgeous Gelato is a nice place to grab a light dessert and an espresso after dinner. Highly recommend.

1  Thank StEight

Been to Gorgeous Gelato? Share your experiences!