“Amazing every single time!”
Review of Gorgeous Gelato

Gorgeous Gelato
Ranked #1 of 22 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Reviewed January 15, 2013

As a college student in the area, I discovered this little gem last year. Since then, I hardly go into the Old Port without stopping by. I love it, my friends love it, and every time my family visits, I bring them here! I've never been disappointed with any flavor...in fact, I usually get three different flavors because I can't decide on one. The Dark Chocolate is so rich and luxurious. The Bacio is to die for. Lately, I've been on a Pistachio kick; the flavor is so natural and delicious! It's clear that they use only the best quality ingredients. It's also clear that this family is passionate about what they do; they are so cute and friendly! As a poor college student, I've always found the prices more than affordable. I encourage everyone to give Gorgeous Gelato a try; you won't regret it, and you may even find a new favorite place to go.

2  Thank Kellie2013
There are newer reviews for Gorgeous Gelato

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this place. I'm a college student in the area so during certain months I get deals. I hardly ever find myself going into the Old Port for dinner without getting dessert here since I discovered it last year. The dark chocolate is to die for. I also love the service. Giovine, I believe, is the name of the man who works there and is adorable and SO friendly. Try it out!

1  Thank DanieRuthLane
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been many times and always. Always delicious !!! It's like being in Italy.
Keep the new flavors coming.
Don't waist your time Across the street !!!

1  Thank KBSHOSPITALITY
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Ever since a trip to Florence 12 years ago, my husband and I have been searching for gelato like what we had in Italy. At Gorgeous Gelato we finally found it! Sour cherry is my favorite (so far), but every flavor I have tried has been excellent.

3  Thank Blanders76
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I'm simply not convinced the gelato is house made. All of the house made gelato that I have had was not so brightly colored as the gelato at Gorgeous Gelato. I could be wrong, but I definitely found this place to be average at best.

donaldyoung, Owner at Gorgeous Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Yes, our Gelato is house made!
And it's made every day, five, six or seven days a week, depending on the season.
It's enough to come in the morning and you could see, through the big window, our busy Gelato master (my wife!) in the kitchen making Gelato like crazy!!!
Thanks a lot for your visit and review,
Donato.