“Authentic Gelato”

Ranked #1 of 21 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Gelato”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have travelled to Italy and have had the pleasure of experiencing genuine Gelato. Many claim to sell Gelato, only to disappoint. Gorgeous Gelato is difinately worth the trip to Portland if you can't visit Italy.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank GCreations

“daily indulgence”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

given it's pure ingredients and lower fat content, it's just too good to pass up -- fabulous flavors from fruity to nutty with interesting chocolate flavors daily -- try the panna cotta gelato -- nothing like it!

Visited November 2012
Wells, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Gelato!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been searching for gelato in the US ever since I returned from my semester abroad in Milan almost 7 years ago. As soon as I walked into Gorgeous Gelato and saw that they served two flavors in one cup with those awesome "tiny tasting shovels" as I like to call them, I knew it would be the closest yet. Then I ordered chocolate and raspberry (my two favorites and a daily treat for me in Milan) and it was perfect. So far I have only had those two, but now that I live closer I will be back to try them all. This is the best gelato and the most authentic I have had in the States, and I have tried them all from here to Colorado on my many drives across country. I can't even describe how happy this place makes me!!!! Thank you so much for bringing such an amazing tradition to Maine!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Elebarron
Portland, Maine
“Mmmmm... Mmmm... YUMMY!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Awesome gelato! I will not go to any other gelato place as this place is the best! Highly recommend!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank BBNewman
Maidstone, Uk
“Gorgeous doesn't begin to describe it!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had heard about Gorgeous Gelato so, when we ambled past it we had to go in. The server - genuine Italian - could not have been more helpful and friendly, we could have stayed tasting samples all day! In the end we opted for various wonderful combinations of what must be the best ice cream in the New World. Coupled with exquisite espresso, it made a lovely golden moment in our day.

• Visited October 2012