“What a find!”
Review of The Body Architect

The Body Architect
Ranked #6 of 22 Spas & Wellness in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: At The Body Architect, we think about you as a whole person. Your mind, your body, your goals. Because our personal training coaches think about all aspects of your life, we can help you work harder and feel better than you ever have before. Beginner or advanced, younger or older, The Body Architect offers team and personal training in a friendly and inspiring atmosphere. Our coaches will help you get fit, lose weight, strengthen and tone, increase muscle mass, or prepare for competition with professional coaching. Membership also includes dietary and lifestyle consultations. As a member, you are constantly supported by our expert personal training coaches. A personalized workout will be created and updated for you every few weeks to meet your fitness level and keep you engaged. Team training, personal training, and group classes guarantee that you're never left without support, accountability, or the guidance of one of our knowledgeable staff. You will feel different. You will feel amazing. We promise.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was lucky enough to be referred to The Body Architect by a friend who is a member, luckier still to score a private training session with Steve Anderson, the owner! I have very high expectations of Personal Trainers and gyms being a member of both Equinox and The Sports Club LA in Boston. I can honestly say that my experience at TBA was excellent and exceeded even my expectations! The facilities are contemporary and spotless and the gym is fully equipped with all you need for as difficult a full body workout as you want. Steve is an exceedingly knowledgeable trainer/teacher who thoroughly explains the what and why of each exercise as he guides you through your workout. My TBA experience ended with a phenomenal 1.5 hour massage with Amanda! I wholeheartedly recommend The Body Architect for anyone visiting or living in, Portland ME!

1  Thank ActiveTrvler

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Of course I am jaded being a member for close to two years and lemme tell you, there simply isn't a more beautiful or finer health club - staffed by better or more professional trainers - anywhere! Tall words but after even just one visit - whether you're a local or just passing through - and whether you are seeking a vigorous workout (perhaps with one of the aforementioned trainers) or maybe just a massage THIS IS THE PLACE, no question about it. Any questions?

Reviewed March 11, 2011

Groucho Marx famously said, "I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member" but I'd never feel that way about the wonderful The Body Architect, and where I've been a member since late July 2010. From the moment you walk in, and that includes the reception you receive from any of the fine professional and courteous staff, you know you're in a special place. It's not a big facility - nor need it be - but quite beautiful and always spotlessly clean and inviting, with every piece of equipment anyone could possibly want for a great, efficient, workout. They also offer personal training sessions (the very best trainers) as well as group classes and massage. THE BEST!