“Amazing Service and Location!”

Portland Regency Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Service and Location!”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My boyfriend and I went to Portland for the weekend and decided to stay at the Portland Regency Hotel based on the reviews from TA. We could not have picked a better place! The location was ideal, right in the center of the old port and the service was top notch. Everyone was very friendly and gave great advice. I also loved being able to use the Spa's jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zisil86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2009

My wife and I spent two nights in the executive suite RM 201 April 5-6th. We took off to Maine for a two night romantic getaway. The best thing about the hotel was the bathroom. The shower had three shower heads and the Jacuzzi tub was big enough for two. I highly recommend the executive suites. They were spacious, immaculate and offered turn down service nightly. The maid service was outstanding. They had a very nice honor bar that included wines from Francis Ford Coppola. The valet was very fast at getting our car for us. The hotel offered the courtesy car for us when we attended an event at the civic center. It is very close to Fore Street restaurant and some nice Irish Pubs (Ri Ra and Bull Feeny’s). The front desk staff was very nice. If I could think of any negatives it would be that the HBO channel in the hotel mentions that there are movies on demand but that is not the case. There are like 8 HBO channels and 6 Showtime channels but there is no pay per view movies. If you are looking for a very clean hotel with lots of romantic amenities and want no worries on your getaway. I would highly recommend the Regency. It was perfect.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New England
Reviewed April 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend and enjoyed everything about the hotel. The location is perfect. It is just off the main street, but within walking distance of everything. The staff was outstanding. We used the valet parking and never had to wait longer than 3 minutes for our car. We spent Friday night at the lounge with friends and loved it so much we decided to have dinner there both nights.
Our room was on the fourth floor so we did not have a window. (The building had been an Armory so no windows on the upper floor.) We had a skylight which was wonderful. At night we would open the shade so in the morning we would be greeted by the sun.
I highly recommend this hotel and will definetly stay there again. .

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Patchogue, NY
Reviewed March 19, 2009

Excellent! I loved my stay at this historical hotel. The staff were super friendly and extremely helpful. The room was gorgeous-clean, spacious, comfy yet elegant. The bathroom was clean, and had ample counter space for two people. The hotel products provided, worked very well and were a treat! I loved the makeup remover wipes!
My only regret...not having enough time to indulge in the hotel's very own spa. At the time while I was there, they had advertised a pumpkin-type facial and a pomegranate manicure/pedicure special. I still dream about returning next fall to enjoy what I missed this past time around.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SmokyFaerie
Manchester by the Sea, MA,US
Reviewed March 10, 2009

This hotel has a new spa. The facilities include a jacuzzi, steam rooms (both single sex and mixed) and saunas (both single sex and mixed). The changing area and showers are nicely appointed. The saunas did not heat up properly in the two days that I tried them, even after speaking to an attendant each time. Not a big disappointment and hopefully something that has been fixed. The restaurant meals were quite good and good value for what was served. Room service was also quite good, speedy and responsive to specific individual requests. The same was true of valet service. It is difficult to park here, the $12 daily valet parking fee seems quite fair.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SgFm
Edgewater, NJ (NYC Area)
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I stayed here last week on business, and found the hotel to be truly nice. Ben at the front desk and the gentleman at the Bell Desk were trmendously polite and helpful. I was upgraded to a Regency Suite, which was wonderful, with high ceilings, spacious sitting and dining area, flat screen tv and the bathroom was almost as big as the room itself (the room being quite big) with a jaccuzi tub and a separate shower stall. The room was clean and linen crisp. Food was really good, and if you have a sandwich, be sure to ask for their "bleu cheese" dressing...it is made in-house and "out of this world". Would definitely stay here when another occasion arises.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed February 24, 2009

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Portland Regency.....and it won't be the last! You can't beat the location and the staff always went above and beyond for us. our room was very clean and bright (two sky lights/windows) and the plasma TV was a plus! The thing that put it over the top for us this time was The Spa.....It was amazing! We had a couple massage in a very clean and quiet environment. They also had a sauna & hot tub too! We will be back this summer!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple