Portland Regency Hotel & Spa
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
$144
$136
  • Room Service
$105
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
$85
$159
  • Pool
Portland Harbor Hotel(Portland)(Great Value!)
$142
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Waterfront(Portland)(Great Value!)
$111
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Pool
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
$127
$153
$139
Hotels.com
1,016 results
All reviewsarmory loungemilk streetsteam roomold porthistorical hotelvalet parkingcomplimentary coffeeperfect locationturn down servicewithin walking distancetwo blocksvalet servicebars and restaurantseach morninghotel restaurantthird floornew england
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I just spent a week vacationing in New England and had the opportunity to stay at The Regency Hotel in Portland one night. The staff at the hotel was very pleasant and extremely easy to do business with. We had a very relaxing room for the night and everything was as it should have been. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that asked, it was by far the best hotel experience we had during our week.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights at the Regency and as far as we were concerned it couldn't have been better. It has an old world feel to it, yet the room was comfortable, well appointed and up-to-date. We enjoyed breakfast each morning looking out the window of the breakfast room across the brick and cobblestone driveway as people must have done over 100 years ago. Yet we were 5 minutes from Fore St, Hugo's, Bar Lola, great bars, great restaurants. The service is over-the-top friendly, yet not in your face. We were here for St. Patrick's Day which is wild in Portland and it was nice to come back to this oasis of civility before we headed out again for more food and fun. We found no fault with the Regency, but we did get it for a good price which is always a plus.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the Regency for two nights in early October. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was on the small side but well-appointed. A major flaw for me was not enough light to read by in bed. The bed was comfortable, if a bit lumpy. The hotel should provide a map because the hallways are a bit of a maze. Soda machine didn't work. The Armor is a comfortable spot for a quick drink or an evening with friends. The location was perfect since I didn't have a car. I found it better to save on car rental until I was ready to leave the city. Room service breakfast was delicious. I didn't try the restaurant which looked too pricey. I got a rate of about $240 a night which is fine for off-season. I wouldn't pay over $300 for it, though. Go out the Market St door and there is a great sandwich place right across the street. (Market St Eats) I'd suggest they come up with a way to enter from that door rather than having to go all the way to the front of the hotel every time you enter. That was a bit inconvenient and a bit tiring after having walked all over the waterfront. Be warned- Nothing in this area is flat. It is all uphill from the waterfront and the streets are charming but uneven. An issue for some seniors. All in all, I'll return to the Regency any time I'm in Portland, for sure.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I recently traveled to Portland for our company's annual conference and highly recommend the Regency to other groups. The hotel is the perfect size for hosting events with 120 or fewer people. The staff goes out of their way to assure the success of the event. I have stayed there twice and was very impressed each time. The location is perfect and the ambience of the hotel is not what you would call "luxurious" but timeless, comfortable, and tasteful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Portland Regency Hotel is by far my favorite place to stay when I am in Portland. The location is perfect being right in the heart of the Old Port. The rooms are very nice. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. Breakfast in their restaurant is top notch and the downstairs lounge is the place to be for happy hour.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple