Portland Regency Hotel & Spa
$199
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
$226
$209
  • Room Service
$119
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
$102
$170
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Clarion Hotel(Portland)
$116
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
$136
  • Pool
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Portland Harbor Hotel(Portland)(Great Value!)
$179
$169
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
$197
$179
1,020 results
All reviewsarmory loungemilk streetsteam roomold porthistorical hotelvalet parkingcomplimentary coffeeperfect locationturn down servicewithin walking distancetwo blocksvalet servicebars and restaurantseach morninghotel restaurantthird floornew england
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My friend, son and I stayed for two nights at this hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer and our room was clean bright and nicely furnished. The room service was quick and delicious. We valet parked the car and never took it out until it was time to leave. This hotel is centrally located and you can walk everywhere. Going back again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SMD711
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Thanks to finding an Expedia deal, we fled the heat and smokey skies of Florida for Maine's cool temperatures. The Portland Regency is luxurious, quiet, and comfortable. Located in the Old Port area, it is convenient to restaurants and shops. The owners have their own farm just outside of town, so the food in the restaurant is locally grown. Breakfast is a delight with light as air waffles full of Maine blueberries and eggs from the owner's free range hens. Service is top notch. We were too busy discovering Maine's beautiful coast to use the spa services, maybe next time.

Room Tip: Request the double room in the corner, very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank boards_s
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I booked this hotel to meet up with friends in the Old Port for a night out on the town. The location is PERFECT for what I wanted and this is the main reason I reserved this room. Previously I had stayed at the Hilton Garden in with a lovely view of the water front so in general I kicked myself for not staying there again.
The Regency is a beautiful hotel decorated with attention to detail and style. The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable and the king suite had a lovely whirlpool bath.
I had a massage the day we arrived after flying in and it was wonderful and the spa itself is lovely and very well appointed.
There was a front office manager on duty who was particularly nice who met me at my original room (a room with two single beds) and assisted me with moving aside from that I found the staff to be somewhat dismissive and unwelcoming - especially the hostess at the restaurant - she was particularly unpleasant. Hence our choice not to have dinner there. Which is a shame because the breakfast (room service) I had the next day was great.
All together this is a lovely hotel however I would not return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank FloridaPaka
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here, but I felt it was overpriced. We paid around $200 for a tiny room, a beautiful room, but this is Portland, ME! I've paid less for comparable rooms in NYC, Chicago, etc. Besides the cost - we loved it. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful, check in was a breeze, room was gorgeous with views of little flowered courtyard. They gave us a corner room which was nice and sunny. My four year old called it the "rectangle room." Loved the free wifi and PC/printer in the lounge. No charge for printouts, which is nice as some nice hotels nickle and dime you to death. Also loved the free coffee delivery (with cinnamon bun) in the morning.
The location of this hotel is phenomenal. We were within walking distance to great restaurants, shops, cafes, boat rides, anything you can imagine!! We only stayed here one night and had to leave for New Hampshire but were sad to go.
Don't miss the room with the giant map on the wall.
Bottom line: Beautiful place, great location, comfie room/beds, helpful staff, expensive!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tdijetta
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed there for our anniversary June 1. The location is perfect for enjoying the old port, you can walk to everything. The room was fabulous, we stayed in the honeymoon suite and it has a nice king size bed, giant TV, 2 comfy lounge chairs, a small table and chairs, and a very elegant bathroom! The jacuzzi tub was nice and the shower was so fancy we couldn't figure out all the knobs haha. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the only downside was the price! But you definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple