“great neighborhood spot!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“great neighborhood spot!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Amazing sushi--the ceviche roll is one of the finest things I've ever eaten. Love the pork buns as well! Oddly I have never loved the soups, but that could just be me.

Visited December 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the best meals of my life!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you are looking for authentic, hearty, healthy, gourmet noodles this is your place. My boyfriend and I stumbled in on a cold blustery December afternoon for a quick bite. We weren't disappointed! I had a the Pai Tan (pork & chicken broth topped with pork belly, soy marinated egg, scallion and nori)- I kid you not it was the most delicious meal I have ever had. My boyfriends sushi and noodle dish was equally esquisite. The waitstaff was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. This place is the whole package, atmosphere, other wordly food options, great draft list and fantastic staff. Can't recommend Pai Men Miyake enough!

Visited December 2012
Portland, Maine
“Tried it Twice.....”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was very disappointed on the first visit. Everything seemed really salty and there were almonds on my roll. Also, the chicken they use for the soups is really bland and tasteless breast meat. There is a lot of local hype around this place, so I thought I'd try again. It wasn't better. To be fair, when I go for Japanese, I prefer it to be more traditional rather than innovative

• Visited November 2012
Portland, Maine
“Good Noodles, But . . . .”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

A great addition to the Portland food scene, but less than 5-stars. As mentioned by other reviewers the wait is on the long side for a bowl of noodles. The kitchen needs to get a move on. If you order a few apps and some sushi rolls the price seems on the high side. The atmosphere is fresh, modern, and pleasing to the eye but is on the loud side. Service is hit or miss; not a lot of TLC, but they get the job done. All in all if you are craving a bowl of noodles, go for it!

• Visited November 2012
Manchester, Connecticut
“Different but good food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a yakatori house so do your homework before you go in. It is also a noodle house and there is some sushi. Myake owns this place too so the food is locally grown on his farm here in Maine.
Love the atmosphere and the brick accent wall. Give this a try if you love ethnic food.

Visited September 2012