“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This restaurant has been open for quite a while now and I can't believe I haven't made it to this place before now. It is so relieving to finally have a good noodle house in Portland. The decor and layout is trendy and fun, the staff was very friendly and engaging, and the food was out of this world good.

We sat at the bar and each tried a noodle bowl. The chef's are right behind the bar and were fun to talk to. I got the soba noodles and my husband got the roast pork with ramen. I cannot say enough about how good and flavorful both of them were. We also tried the pork gyoza and those were fantastic. We had a dessert and tried the macaroon cookies and the ice cream cake with caramel ice cream. It was to die for!

I cannot wait to go back to this place. Everything from atmosphere to staff to food was perfect on every level. A welcome addition to the portland food scene.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The food here is wonderful, the broth's in particular have a quality that warms you from the moment you walk in the door. But the service, on a lunch time Friday when the restaurant was no more than 3/4 full was slower than death. They should have sold tombstones after my over-an- hour wait for sushi and Miso which came out 30-40 minutes after each other. I finally had to gently complain since I didn't have the two hours it took to wait and other diners who had come in before me ate and left. No explanation that my order was lost, except for a very polite response that "it's coming" from another waitress who took pity on me.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Try the sushi, ramen bowls and apps. The atmosphere is creative and you'll expect the bill to be outrageous but that's the kicker, it's not. The price is surprisingly low but the quality is not! The service was good but get there before the crowds or you'll have to wait... but it's worth it! Try the Japanese inspired macaroons!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This sweet little restaurant in downtown Portland, not far from the Museum of Art, was recommended to us. It has a full bar, tables, and outdoor seating and is situated at Longfellow Square. Sushi, Noodle Bowls, Dumplings, and more, and great service! This isn't your run-of-the-mill sushi restaurant...these are complex food combinations prepared in new and delightful ways. Sooooo delicious. There is the choice of a lunch menu for noontime dining. Everything is reasonably priced...I think the highest price item was around $17. When in Portland, Maine don't miss this place. It's a real find and we intend to return.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I've recently moved to Portland and am fortunate enough to be just 2 blocks away from this gem. I love this restaurant. So far everything I have tried has been outrageously terrific. The roasted brussels sprouts tossed in fish sauce and tamari make an ideal starter. I can't decide what part I like better, the heart of sprout with all the sauce or the crispy outer leaves that have caramelized during roasting. Another winning dish (appetizer) is the hamayaki. Crab and scallop drizzled with spicy mayo, truffle oil and a little bit of eel sauce then broiled and set atop a bed of rice, served in a seashell. It was a flavor explosion of oddly complimentary flavors and the truffle oil is not overpowering. The selection of draft beers is pretty amazing too. The staff is super nice, the drinks (the bloody samurai in particular) are appropriately seasonal and relevant to the menu. This place is a MUST-DO when in Portland.