“Delicious, consistent, affordable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Portland, ME
“Delicious, consistent, affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I'm so addicted to this restaurant! The pork gyro is amazingly well season, and the tzatziki sauce is the perfect compliment! If you prefer something without meat, try the feta wrap. I recommend getting it with the zesty feta dip instead of tzatziki if you like a little "kick"! Don't forget dessert- their cheesecake is light and fluffy, almost like mousse!

Visited August 2012

Portland, Maine
“Delicious food, friendly servers, noisy outside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

The eggplant roll up and the falafel roll up were delicious, moist and fresh. They were reasonably priced at around $5.00 each, but were on the small side. We were still hungry so we ordered one more each. One and a half would have been the perfect amount. I always ask for a little extra Tsatziki dressing - yummy and also very fresh tasting.
The staff is extremely friendly. Though self serve, there are servers who deliver your orders to your table and enthusiastically ask if you need anything else. The staff seems to really enjoy working for this small family owned business.
Located on Forest Ave. near the Univ. of Southern Maine and local businesses, the location is ideal, though sitting outside has several limitations: quite noisy and perhaps unhealthy to breathe in the car fumes!

Visited April 2012
Dover, New Hampshire
“Inexpensive, Quick Mediterranean Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I had driven past Whaddapita! a number of times when in Portland, but had never stopped. On a trip back from Mid-Coast Maine, my wife and I wanted lunch, and I remembered Whaddaita! We wanted to get back to New Hampshire, so we wanted a quick place to get lunch, but wanted to eat healthy.

We took the Forest Avenue exit off the turnpike heading away from the downtown, and Whaddapita was only several blocks up from there. It has bright orange trim and is easy to spot.

Whaddapita has a fast food feel to it inside, in that there is a large sign behind the counter with the menu, cash registers, and then cooking areas to your right. However, Whaddapita states that its' meals are made fresh upon ordering, and I believe this to be true, as it took about 10 minutes from after we paid until our food was brought out to our table, which is the extent of tableside service.

Meals are quite inexpensive. My wife and I each ordered a Falafel Pita for $4.39. They were a bit smallish, but good.

I would recommend Whaddapita for a quick healthy lunch.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Fresh and fabulous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

A bright and airy place with great food. The falafel are better than at most places in town... more authentic, I think. the gyros and souvlaki also very good. My favorite is the garden salad with chicken gyro. The help is friendly and helpful, and they seem happy to be there. The owner is often available to answer questions and greets diners whenever he can.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great upscale fast Greek food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Tasty Greek menu and absolutely outstanding service!